Location: Telford (Initally WFH)
The successful individual will have active SC Clearance or eligible to undergo SC Clearance.
We are actively looking to secure a Delivery Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
Our Client is a multinational corporation that provides consulting, technology, professional, and outsourcing services. We are seeking an experienced Delivery Manager to join our Client and take responsibility for the delivery of large, complex, or high impact projects.
The Delivery Manager will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking. Adept at breaking down barriers for the team, providing leadership and planning at high level.
This is a demanding role where the Delivery Manager will need to engage across the Clients businesses to ensure that requirements are understood and translated into operational plans that deliver tangible benefits.
This will involve managing and monitoring staffing requirements and resource plans; inter-dependencies and project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies; escalating where necessary through the correct channels. The Delivery Manager will work closely with Scrum Masters on agile projects to deliver the required technical artefacts.
- Deliver software development projects using Agile development methodology
- Organise and facilitate project planning, regular stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning and demos
- Report progress and work closely with senior stakeholders across delivery teams
- Ensure agile processes are followed and work with the teams to help them adopt the process that works best for the team
- Ensure work package teams are practising the core principles of collaboration, prioritisation, team accountability, and visibility
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Empower the teams to self-organise
- Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible
- Adapt work package plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required
- Support the Product Owner and Delivery Team in completing the Sprint goals
- Help facilitate the Scrum Ceremonies and ensure Jira is kept up to date
- Provide daily updates to scrum of scrum
- Guide and Coach Scrum Team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
- Motivate and guide the Scrum team to achieve self-organisation
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be easily raised with an emphasis on continuous improvement and problem solving
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity
- Support the education of the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog including writing user stories and test-driven development.
- Support C&IT cultural change and transformation
If you have the above skills, please submit your CV in the first instance.