Agile Delivery Manager
We are actively looking to secure a Delivery Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
As a Delivery Manager you will take responsibility for the successful delivery of large, complex, or high impact projects through one or more highly skilled, cross functional, teams, as well as defining, monitoring and amending the processes and structures necessary to achieve this.
You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking. You'll be adept at breaking down barriers for your team or teams, providing leadership and planning at high level as well as getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
This is a demanding role where you will need to engage across the end client's businesses to ensure that business requirements are understood and translated into operational plans that deliver tangible benefits. This will involve managing and monitoring staffing requirements and resource plans; inter-dependencies and project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies; escalating where necessary through the correct channels. Using best practices of Agile and Lean principles and methodologies you will ensure that the project is delivered on time and to the specified quality. You will work closely with Scrum Masters on agile projects to deliver the required technical artefacts.
- Deliver software development projects using Agile development methodology
- Organise and facilitate project planning, regular stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning and demos
- Report progress and work closely with senior stakeholders across delivery teams
- Ensure agile processes are followed and work with the teams to help them adopt the process that works best for the team
- Ensure work package teams are practising the core principles of collaboration, prioritisation, team accountability, and visibility
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Empower the teams to self-organise
- Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible
- Adapt work package plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout pilot projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks
- Support the Product Owner and Delivery Team in completing the Sprint goals by working to remove impediments and policing Scrum principles
- Help facilitate the Scrum Ceremonies and ensure Jira is kept up to date
- Provide daily updates to scrum of scrum
- Guide and Coach Scrum Team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
- Motivate and guide the Scrum team to achieve self-organisation
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be easily raised with an emphasis on continuous improvement and problem solving
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable, efficient and comfortable for the team and organisation
- Support the education of the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog including writing user stories and test driven development.
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.