Agile Business Analyst
We are actively looking to secure a Business Analyst to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Life Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced Accident Insurance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay
Our client is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk communities.
Our client's applications and underlying technology solutions, their continuous development and operational stability are powered and enabled by its shared infrastructure products & services.
The shared infrastructure products & services underpin everything our client does and comprise public and private connectivity services and key hosting platform components (compute, storage, data centre colocation and facilities services) that power public and private cloud.
As an agile BA you will be expected to help with problem definition, facilitate brainstorming sessions, define user journeys,, and tease out solution scenarios with the SD-Net teams and users. You help product owners with user story writing, slicing and reviewing, and can represent the "voice of the customer" in refinement sessions with the team. As a BA you have a view of the broader context in which our teams operate and you use this to shape solutions from technology, people and process perspectives. You are a good communicator and are actively engaging in customer dialogue and communications.
This role has been created in response to our client's Software Defined Network (SD-Net) programme. The role will enable the SD-Net programme to deliver against an ever-increasing pace of technology change whilst maintaining core technology operation functions, service stability and cost control throughout the transformation. With your expertise you will help shape the future of one of the client's key differentiators; the underpinning global infrastructure and services delivery. This means solving complex problems on a large scale with a multitude of teams.
Primary responsibilities and daily duties of the position are listed below in order of time spent.
- Lead and support analysis, decomposition, definition and articulation of functional and non-functional business requirements for defined problem domains
- Lead the collation and analysis of global infrastructure information from multiple technical sources, working across internal teams & 3rd parties, to inform requirements
- Support the analysis of equipment inventory data relating to existing sites, including maintenance and networking costs, contract durations and application dependencies
- Support the collation and articulation of findings to support decision making and recommendations for cost efficiencies
Knowledge and Skills
- Requirement analysis and discovery through stakeholder engagement and data analysis
- Design and production of requirement and acceptance criteria documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication, able to clearly articulate concepts and issues
- Confident navigating diverse process and organisational structures to deliver results.
- Familiar with writing and using user stories
- Ability to balance and prioritise multiple delivery tasks
- Good technical knowledge of telecommunications or data centre infrastructure
- Consultancy skills
- Familiar with use of Jira
- Business process modelling
- System/Domain Architecture
Qualifications and Experience
- Analysing and assimilating requirements and data in a complex technology environment
- Experience in data collation and interrogation activities as part of a major transformation programme
- Large scale technology transformation projects
- Experience working in Lean/Agile environment with methods such as Scrum and Kanban
- Stakeholder management
- Working experience in telecom service provider or network services integration provider
- Financial market data networks including the carrier access networks
- Working with infrastructure service integration providers and carriers
- Assimilating and adapting to Regulatory, risk and compliance requirements
- Supervising small teams to enable fast paced delivery
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiating and influencing skills
- Agile certification