SAP ABAP Developer - Active SC
Location - Remote with occasional travel to Barrow-in-Furness
Duration - 6 Months
Our client is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
- Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
- Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fitfor purpose
- Assisting the Team Leader in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
- Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
- Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility as requested by the Team Leader, including negotiation with other teams as necessary
- Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
- Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
Experience of implementing ABAP Programming, preferably Object Oriented.
- Experience with a selection of other development objects, for example Function Modules, Data dictionary objects, BADI, BAPI, User-Exits, Web Services Gateway oData Services, CDS Views, ABAP for HANA, Smartforms, Reports or performance tuning is advantageous
- Perform testing of system changes and to assist in user testing of change