3rd Line Data Engineer - Wireless, EMS
We are actively looking to secure a 3rd Line Data Engineer to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
Our Client is a multinational telecommunications company with operations in around 180 countries and is the largest provider of fixed-line, broadband and mobile services.
Our Client is looking for an Engineer to provide technical support and managed services to our client's customers through the use of Data Services technologies, 24x7x365 days a year. By using market leading products and applying their process, quality and intellectual property, they provide their customers with services to facilitate objectives through the power of communication.
The role requires a skilled Technical Engineer who is an innovative, engaging, driven individual and has a proven record of achievement.
- Utilising experience and evolving technical ability to resolve technical incidents, service requests, changes or problems relating to "Data Services" portfolio.
- Deal with customer requests in line with Service definitions and SLA's.
- To escalate and manage incidents and requests to vendors in a timely fashion.
- Management and documentation of information relating to customer incidents, service requests, change and problem, and the effective communication of progress of such events to all stakeholders in line with internal process.
- Collaborate with all business units to bring about timely resolution of technical issues.
- Ensuring continued development of product knowledge, known issues and troubleshooting techniques throughout the support teams.
- Undertake personal training and development in line with departmental needs and in line with a Personal Development Plan as agreed with Line Manager.
- Development of training, tools and processes to ensure teams increase and develop technical capability.
- Perform as an integral member of the Data Services team providing 24x7x365 service participating in an on-call support rota outside of core hours.
- Perform a SME role for designated clients and technologies.
- Responsible for pro-active review and maintenance of customer infrastructure.
- Participate in the portfolio governance, service design and solutions assurance process to ensure our technical propositions are fit for customer and scalable for the business.
- Provide input and approval within the 'Acceptance into Service' process for new customers.
- Prior experience working within a systems integrator support environment as a highly skilled technical engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of EMS products, customer IT systems and applications.
- Experience of working across the service lifecycle, supporting and costing bids as a subject matter expert.
- Possesses a deep level technical knowledge of Data Services technologies and associated management applications.
- Have strong service improvement and service transformation skills.
- Have highly developed organisation, prioritisation, communication (written and verbal), tenacity and ownership skills.
- Degree educated (Preferred)
- Qualified to vendor professional level (Essential)
- Qualified to ITIL v4 Foundation level (Preferred)
If you have the above skills, please submit your CV in the first instance.