Job Title: User Researcher
Daily Rate: £576-£600
Location: Remote then either- London; Manchester; Newcastle; Sheffield; Leeds; Blackpool (Lytham)
3 positions available
Inside IR35, Umbrella only
Duration: initial 5-7 months contract, with the view to extend further depending on the client needs
GDS/Gov.UK current/previous experience is a must
As an experienced User Researcher will work within the agile scrum team to define plan and conduct user research with the goal of building team empathy needed to create positive outcomes and experiences for users - both internal users and external citizen users.
- You will take a lead on scoping, planning, conducting and analysing the research by creating research plans protocols and activities using qualitative quantitative or mixed-method approaches.
- You will analyse and synthesise research findings to translate insights into user needs and opportunities communicating compelling user insights to the product owner team and wider stakeholders.
- You will contribute research findings to enable evidence-based product and design decisions and will champion the user to ensure that the product delivers
- Experience of planning scoping conducting analysing and communicating user research throughout the Agile product development lifecycle.
- Experience of qualitative user research methods including usability testing ethnographic observation interviews surveys contextual inquiry and focus groups.
- Experience of working within an Agile scrum team working across Designers Product Owners Developers and other Researchers to prioritise research opportunities to support the roadmap in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to translate research findings into specific prioritised recommendations to improve product designs.
- Understands and has experience of user research methods.
- Understands when to use those methods and how to apply them correctly.
- knowledge of how to involve their team in research activities.
- Has had experience in applying Agile principles in practice.
- Able to use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes.
- Delivers analysis and information that addresses stakeholder needs and provides recommendations.
- Collaborates with user researchers and other user-focussed professions.
- Guides others on approaches to understand user stories.
- Identifies and engages with users / stakeholders to collate user needs evidence and understands and defines research which fits user needs.