Contract Duration: 12 Months
The UAT Manager will:
- In conjunction with the Global Process Owners and workstream leads document effective testing plans, business scenarios, scripts, processes, tools and reporting that encompass both quality and assurance of the solution with full traceability back to requirements/user stories.
- Log acceptance criteria and report progress against these in conjunction with the GPO and SME teams
- Have hands-on test experience and a willingness to collaborate, get involved and problem solve.
Required Skill Set
- At least 3 years' experience in UAT in a complex transformation programme.
- Proven track record in managing UAT and related artefacts & tracking/documentation with stakeholders spread over a large geographical area.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment (scrum), with comprehensive understanding of testing and quality assurance methodologies.
- Ability to effectively engage with stakeholders in both written and verbal communications.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work from home as well as office based, experience with remote access and tools.
We've always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world's first telecommunications company. At our heart we're a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers - those are the values we live by whilst also creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe, and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
Today in this fast changing, always on, digital world our purpose remains true. Yet the market conditions, regulation, and competition we face are tougher than ever before. So, if you have the drive, optimism, and resilience to help propel us forward we'll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers. If that's you and what you're looking for, we'd love you to be part of our future.
Why Business Unit/Function
Corporate Functions help deliver our strategy and plans for growth. We shape and steer the direction of the business by managing our people, finances, shared services, and buildings. We also oversee our legal, regulatory and compliance obligations too.
Why this job matters
The role is to manage the preparation and execution of UAT to test our new processes, reports, and business controls for our transformed new Finance and Procurement Processes as part of the second major phase of our Finance and Procurement transformation programme, implementing S4/Hana and Ariba Guided Buying, reconcile its converted data as part of our global Finance and Procurement transformation programme. The role will sit in our business deployment team and work across all workstreams and process towers as part of a multidisciplinary testing team (technology, testing, process & controls, data, org design, systems, change and communications).
The role is impornt because the programme replaces a large part of our old Finance systems across the BT Group. This transformation includes the implementation of an SAP/HANA platform. In order to move from our old systems to new, we need to ensure processes are thoroughly tested by end user and ready to be adopted on go live with minimum disruption
This role will, in conjunction with the Test Manager and Business Deployment Manager, manage the preparation and execution of UAT of the program ensuring a risk assessed set of business testing scenarios are covered
This will include the management and as needed development of UAT scripts, schedules, and business coordination to support a testing cycle that build user confidence and mitigates go live risks through the UAT cycles and defect resolution.
There will be pressure both on scope and timelines which is why previous UAT experience (user side) is a must. You will be expected to manage a group of business testers of 100+ given the scale and complexity of BT. You'll need to be able to think ahead, and plan in a fast changing environment. It is critical that an effective UAT progress track is within the job holders direct and recent experience.
Connected leaders' behaviours Experience you would be expected to have
The 3 key behaviours expected for this role, based on the BT Connected Leaders Framework are:
- Bold decision maker
- Collaborative partner
- Inspiring communicator
- UAT management experience in a large, complex, and multi-national organisation.
- System enabled Functional change experience.
- SAP HANA exposure.
- Agile & lean delivery practices.
Agile working with business to make data decisions and keep project on track / escalate if required