Brighton, with flexibility for remote working.
Up to £36,000 plus excellent benefits
Our client's vision and mission are to advance the social and economic wellbeing of disadvantaged people within our communities and over the next five years we aim to be the fastest growing UK employability business.
We are currently recruiting for a Training Manager to join our existing team.
Lead, motivate, develop and performance manage a team of Employment Facilitators to continuously improve and increase their capability and deliver against their targets and service level agreement.
- Ensure customer service standards are understood and observed by all Employment Facilitators so that all customers are provided with the same high standard of service that maximises their chances of managing well-being difficulties and securing sustainable employment
- Manage day to day contact with key stakeholders at a local level, maintaining a positive working relationship to ensure we receive sufficient customer flows to deliver according to service level agreements
- Ensure Employment Facilitators maintain paperwork and customer records to ensure the customer journey is documented in accordance with our quality standards
- Ensure appropriate digital technologies and evidence-based content are being utilised by the team within an appropriate delivery environment that supports privacy and confidentiality of customers.
Essential skills & experience:
- Knowledge and experience of local specialist networks and provisions
- Extensive experience of leading and developing a team in a customer facing, target driven environment
- Ability to understand key financial drivers and delivery accurate and real time reports and analytics
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a team in a target driven environment
- Ability to build rapport, engage and coach individuals to progress.
- NVQ Level 5 in Management and Leadership or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of the employability sector.
What's in it for you…
- A rewarding career that makes a genuine difference to people's lives.
- Hours and days of Work: 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday.
- Holidays: 31 days' holiday, inclusive of bank holidays in your first year of service, increasing to 35 days at 5 years and 38 days at 10 years' service.
- A two-week Induction and Training programme.
- In-house Health and Wellbeing team.
- Pension Scheme - contribution of 4%
- Life Cover x 4 annual salary.
- A generous sickness package inclusive of 13 weeks full sick pay 13 weeks half sick pay, following completion of a 6-month probationary period.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay following completion of the probationary period.
- Laptop and mobile phone to allow remote agile working.
If you believe you have the relevant skillset for the role, please click the link to apply.
Training Manager, Education, Employment Manager, Training, Employability, Digital, Support, Coaching, Targets