Tester - Automation Testing
Immediate Start Date
Experis are currently recruiting for a Tester for a public sector client. The successful contractor will be skilled in in manual and automation techniques to provide functional and non-functional testing of software products and increments. Reporting to the Senior Software Tester, you will integrate with your own Scrum team with other Developers in a highly collaborative build-test-ship partnership.
- Comprehensive understanding of test methodologies and techniques
- Good experience with Agile development methodologies and testing in agile development
- Pro-active in requirements gathering and analysing need for test in given scope of project
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills and an ability to understand complex applications with a keen eye for detail.
- Preparing and maintaining test cases and test plans derived from user stories and acceptance criteria
- Liaising with product owner/project managers, teams and team leaders
- Able to work closely with developers as part of small Scrum teams in an agile dev-test environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of formal software testing methodologies and types.
- Experience of a test management tool such as Azure Devops - Test Hub or equivalent
- Experience in integration testing - API level testing (manual testing)
- Experience in exploratory testing and assisting/coordinating UAT testing
- Experience in mobile app and responsive testing
- Conducting continuous testing and upgrades throughout sprints
- ISTQB foundation level certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships and communicate at senior levels.
- Integration automation testing - using RestAssured or similar
- Experience in BDD framework - using Specflow or similar
- Experience in test automation tools and framework - such as Selenium, Appium, Xamarin (mobile UI test automation), Jmeter or similar
- Experience in basic SQL queries and backend testing.