Job Title: Test Automation Architect
Duration: 6 Months
Do you want to be part of an award winning gloabal organisations within the finacial sector? Why Wait?
Working in the Test Automation Practice, this is an essential role in defining, building, and deploying variety of Test Automation solutions for DevOps, CI/CD, on-premises, and cloud environments across customers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Participate in deep-dive analysis and maturity assessment of Test Automation practices across Products
- Participate in designing Test Automation Architecture Principles and their application in building or re-working automation framework(s) and artefacts
- Lead or support Automation delivery projects from technological and logistical perspective
- Develop Automation solutions for various application technologies including On-premises and Cloud environments
- Develop modules and libraries to integrate SDLC processes into the CI/CD pipeline
- Provide technical expertise in resolving Test Automation Engineering, Coding and Architecture issues
- Interface with Test Data Management, Tools, Test Environment Management, Testing Standards, and QA/Dev teams on all Test Automation related issues
- Participate as a major contributor to the selection of Test Automation tools
- Participate / Lead Test Automation Tools Proof of Concept (POCs) and provide analysis and recommendations
- Create educational materials and conduct training and mentoring on all Test Automation related subjects
- Must interact with global teams in time zones spanning NY to Beijing
Essential Technical Skills
- Good level of understanding of Architecture principles, Design methodologies and their applicability
- Deep understanding of Automation Framework types and their usage for creating sustainable automation solutions
- Broad knowledge of Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Browser Stack, etc.), SDLC Tools, specifically Test, Build and CI/CD Automation tools and their utility - Open-Source and commercial
- Ability to define and enforce Coding Standards
- Hands-on experience in automating standard application technologies, e.g., UI (Web/Thick Clients), Messaging / API systems, Database (including NoSQL) and Mobile
- Hands-on automation experience in various phases, levels, and environments i.e., Unit, Integration, End-to-End, System, Functional, etc.
- Hands-on experience in one or more Automation Tools, e.g., Selenium, Specflow, Cucumber, JBehave, Rational Integration Tester, SOAP UI, REST-Assured, UFT, SonarQube, etc.
- Hands-on experience in one or more Automation Frameworks, e.g., Karate Framework (API & UI), Hybrid Automation Frameworks, Data Driven, etc.
- Hands on automation experience on cloud services (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Hands on experience in one or more DevOps and CD/CD tools e.g., GitLab, Bamboo, JIRA, Jenkins, Concourse, Gradle, Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Ansible, Maven
- Good understanding of Agile SDLC, Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Gherkin language
- Good understanding of Test Automation implementation across at least one of the platforms - Web, Desktop, Cloud, Mobile, etc.
- Ability to work in an Enterprise organisation and be able to communicate with senior members of Dev, Infrastructure, and Architecture teams as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in Programming (see preferred languages above)
- 4+ years of experience in Test Automation across various Technologies
- 3+ years of experience in working at an Enterprise organisation implementing large scale, niche, end-to-end, advanced technology solutions
- 3+ years of hands-on experience across Cloud Services, SDLC Tools, specifically Testing & CI/CD tools - Open-Source or Commercial.