Technical Business Analyst
Location: Osterley (currently working from home)
We are actively looking to secure a Technical Business Analyst to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Life Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced Accident Insurance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay
Our client is part of Europe's leading entertainment with over 23 million customers across seven countries, making life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why they want talented people, like you, to join them and help make the future happen.
The Content Supply Platforms department provides technology and expertise to the client's Business to support the content and advertising lifecycle from acquisition through to delivery and transmission. We are especially focussed on developing and delivering strategic On Demand and Linear solutions across all platforms and territories.
The successful candidate will work with a team of highly skilled software developers and test engineers, collectively ensuring that the right content arrives at the right destination at the right time.
As a Technical Business Analyst in the Rights team within Content Supply Platforms, you will be writing User Stories and defining the associated acceptance criteria that will be used by developers and product owners. The ideal candidate will need to understand how to gather requirements through interviews and workflow/process analysis and translating business and user needs into application and operational requirements. You will also be technically astute and able to grasp and explain how the multiple systems in our ecosystem interact with each other.
- Turning high-level business and technical requirements into a detailed and well organised product backlog.
- Be an interface between technology teams, support teams, and business units
- Be confident with Just in Time (JIT) analysis on projects to promote lean methodologies and eliminate waste.
- Where 3rd party software is adopted, engage with our vendors to ensure the client's requirements are clearly articulated and understood.
- Coordinate and assist with user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Proven skill and effectiveness in requirements gathering, definition, data analysis, and process analysis.
- Support the implementation of departmental strategic initiatives
- Build relationships with relevant business and management stakeholders across the wider organisation
- Provide technical support for our applications/products.
- Exemplary communication and people skills, in technical and non-technical contexts.
- A persistent energising and motivating influence.
- Able to understand and summarise information.
- Inquisitive in nature and always curious to know why something is being done in a specific way.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to set and manage the correct expectations with the team and with external stakeholders.
- Comfortable presenting within the team and to wider groups of stakeholders.
- Have experience of working in an Agile development cycle and be confident with how analysis fits within an empowered, self-managed team.
· Experience of analysis in an Agile development environment.
· Skilled at breaking down business and technical requirements into user stories and tasks that can be estimated by the team.
· Appreciation of how different systems interact with each other through mechanisms such as, APIs, Message Queues, and Event Streaming etc.
· Excellent facilitation skills with experience of leading requirements gathering workshops, backlog refinement sessions, sprint planning and estimation etc.
· Familiar with different estimation techniques.
· Clear and precise written communication skills.
· Awareness of the importance of non-functional requirements and how to incorporate these into the product backlog.
· Technically astute with working knowledge of SQL, in order to interrogate and analyse data in a database.
- Knowledge of Rights Management, Broadcast, other relevant Media business areas.
- Experience of micro-service architectures.
- Experience of writing BDD test scenarios.
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.