Supply Chain Manager - Phoenix II
Bristol (Home Based)
About the role
We're looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join us on the Phoenix II project, a role based amongst the defence fleet and information services.
This is a new position heading up the white fleet detail, including cars, vans, trucks, specialist vehicles on behalf of the MoD (around 15,000 non-combat vehicles). The role is a rare opportunity to join a respected and established organisation while running a much-needed project.
What do I need to do the role?
- Supplier relationship management (reviewing performance and KPI's)
- Knowledge of crown commercial service frameworks would be ideal
- Knowledge of public sector procurement
- Knowledge of vehicle leasing/rental/fleet management (not essential but preferred).
- CIPS preferred but not essential
What else do I need to know?
- This is an opportunity to join a team and create new ideas. We're looking for someone who understands fleet management / leasing or is keen to learn alongside current skills and experience.
- Babcock offers a supportive environment including enhanced employment terms and conditions, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours (only non-industrials), career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams. Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
Babcock are continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to ensure that this is done in a responsible way with consideration of the unprecedented circumstances we are facing.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties, please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
This advice is valid at the time of publication and changing government advice and Babcock working practices take precedence at any time.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.