Role: Solutions Architect - AWS & API design
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
*Candidates must operate via an approved umbrella company
The team are currently working on several service and stability issues within a large eco-system of applications. This role must support the remediation of these service issues within the current eco-system and help devise short and medium-term options for remediation as well as longer-term strategic options for a migration of functionality to a cloud-based data platform
Specific Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Solution Architecture delivery - support on all aspects of the solution architecture on multiple programmes and manage solution throughout execution and identify opportunities to optimize the execution.
- Solution identification - Able to quickly determine the technical issues and interdependencies of legacy systems and present options for their remediation for the short to longer term.
- Risk Management - exhibit strong ability to identify architectural risks, identify mitigation strategies with appropriate resources, and manage those through the software development lifecycle.
- Communication - show strong interpersonal skills, work collaboratively with a diverse and global team team, navigating varied concerns of stakeholders to an agreed solution.
- Presentation - able to present work clearly and succinctly to both technical and business focussed stakeholders.
- Problem solving and decision making - sound judgment at a senior stakeholder level using assertiveness and influencing skills to demonstrate business benefits and to ensure the decision is fully understood and accepted
- Dependency management - Lead analysis and ensure all impacts of dependencies are addressed in the overall project lifecycle. Effectively work across the organization to ensure all dependent teams are aligned with the solution designs.
- Prior experience delivering a high-profile project under stringent deadlines within a large-scale enterprise.
- Excellent experience in systems processing very large data volumes at near real-time speed. Demonstratable knowledge of the principles of C++, .Net and Java based application development.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more RDBMS database.
- Prior experience of remediating legacy systems to overcome short to medium term challenges using solutions other than cloud migration.
- Prior experience of migrating on-prem infrastructures to cloud in a cost-efficient way
- A good understanding of core AWS services and AWS architecture best practices and experience in developing and deploying cloud-based applications using AWS, considering performance, operational and capacity concerns.
- Experience in RESTful API design
- Familiarity with designing microservice architectures, use of containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes).
Nice to have
- Experience in AWS technologies including: S3, EMR, SQS, Lambda, ECS, EKS, EC2, Application Load balancer, Route 53, Cloudwatch.
- Experience using CI/CD pipeline to provision infrastructure and deploy applications on AWS.
- Experience developing and maintaining software infrastructures for financial services domain.
Please submit CVs today!