Software Developer (SC or DV Cleared) (Home working)
In-house software developer requirement for our Defence client. Key task: Complete development of the Distributed Simulation Environment in accordance with the current project software architecture. Key competencies: C++ and C#, networking M&S software using open standards particularly DIS, using mapping engine SDKs and experience with VBS3/CARMENTA SDK as a developer.
The goal is to develop a Live, Virtual and Constructive facility that will provide an Underwater to Space Distributed Simulation Environment (DSE) capability to allow Human-In-The-Loop experiments and a Testbed for future Defence technology and research projects. This in-house developer role will consist of a collaborative and agile work approach with other Defence projects and Industry Partners. FY 21/22 will mainly include of developing the above water elements of the DSE and integration activities with other projects.
Key Skills / Experience
- Demonstrate the breadth, depth and a track record of technical expertise working with networked Distributed Simulation Environment to generate a complete Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) capability.
- Demonstrate following technical competencies: C++ and C# programming; VBS3 developer including the plug-ins; Carmenta Engine developer; Build required interface plug-ins/converters; Generate a Distributed Simulation Environment via Distributed Interactive Simulation standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of systems architecture, particularly a network of software and emulators.
- Use technical expertise to implement the Data Distribution Service (DDS) OMG standard middleware and configure the data flow requirements via this protocol.
- Demonstrate in their bid a clear technical plan, methodology, evidence based approach and scope of work that would lead to the requirements being achieved.
- Demonstrate experience in SADM, ODIN and NEREUS from a user's perspective but able to configure external interfaces to network these software.
- Demonstrate experience in VBS3 and CARMENTA ENGINE SDK from a developer's perspective.
- Demonstrate previous experience in developing military operator GUIs for decision making HMI experiments.
- Demonstrate previous experience working in project to network different modelling and simulation software to generate a Distributed Simulation Environment.
- Demonstrate previous experience working in a project where applications of a P2P Publish/Subsribe style middleware was implemented.
- Possess basic knowledge and understanding of maritime C2 systems and fundamental TTPs, surface ship sound room and operations room HMIs, and a typical RN warship's Combat Management System
- Take responsibility for their work and use tools available in the organisation to record and report the work.