Software Designer/Engineer - Remote/Suffolk-3 months (possible extension)
Fancy working with one of the UK's biggest names in the Communications Sector?
Role: Software Engineer
Contract - 3 months (possible extension)
Start Date: ASAP
About the client:
Our client enables people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential by creating technology that transforms the way people work, play, and communicate. They develop and market software, services, and hardware that deliver new opportunities, greater convenience, and enhanced value to people's lives.
The Software Engineer will work closely with the Development team, responsible, with technical authority for one or more software components. Working under broad direction you will work with the team leader to establish milestones, personal objectives and may delegate assignments where applicable.
What we'll need from you:
- Demonstrable experience in software design and development, using the C programming language, ideally on embedded systems
- Experience developing and debugging in a Linux environment
- Strong scripting skills, e.g. bash, Python
- Strong revision control, i.e. git, skills
- Experience in building and debugging software for embedded systems development, with demonstrable experience of shell scripting, debugging tools, e.g. gdb.
- Use of code revision, issue tracking and continuous integration tools, e.g. git, Jira, Gitlab
- Understanding of the hardware and software constraints related to developing home gateways or similar consumer electronic systems
- Must have experience of working with Agile delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban; iterative planning and task estimation
- Experience of building products using OpenWRT or similar
- Experience in Linux kernel and driver development is preferred.
- Collaborative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Test Driven Development
- Exposure to, and understanding of drivers behind automated test strategies
- Working to ambitious timescales
- Demonstrable contribution to open source projects
- Experience on one or more of the following: TR-069, SIP(S), Wi-Fi driver development, DECT, cellular interfaces
- Bootloader experience, e.g. U-Boot
- An understanding of the TR-069 protocol and TR-181 data model design and use
- Demonstrable experience of designing or developing embedded containerised environment
- Has a working knowledge of Home Gateway standards including, but not restricted to: IPv4/IPv6, PPP, IPoE, Wi-Fi, UPnP / Multicast and EoGRE.
- Experience using JTAG debuggers to bring up and debug hardware
If this sounds like you, please do not hesitate to apply now!