Site Supervisor - Combined Heat & Power (CHP) Plant
We are actively looking to secure a Site Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
The role of a Site Manager involves the management and supervision of a construction site in accordance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM). It is the responsibility of the site supervisor to assess hazards, determine risks, conduct regular inspections, and maintain a safety programme. They will make sure that deliveries, construction works on site, the client's regular business and any other activities on site are coordinated. They will report to the Project Delivery Manager.
- Supervise workers, subcontractors, and work activities.
- Prepare and present site inductions, safety briefings and toolbox talks and record attendance.
- Assess and manage safety hazards: Ensure RAMS and Permit Process is followed for all works on site.
- Approve RAMS and issue permits as required.
- Ensure Site Rules are displayed and enforce these Rules.
- Check if welfare facilities are clean, tidy, and functioning.
- Carry out daily health and safety inspections to ensure compliance with relevant legal requirements and procedures (incl. waste management procedures).
- Help Project Delivery Managers to plan the work programme.
- Coordinate deliveries of materials, plant and equipment, construction works on site, the client's regular business and any other activities on site.
- Completing records for site reports and keep the Site File up to date.
- Ensure first aid equipment is available and in date.
- Lead and minute/record daily site briefings as required.
- Raise safety concerns at the appropriate level.
- Make sure incidents incl. near misses are reported accurately.
- Resolve problems and implement improvements.
- Organise and oversee external inspections, such as with a health and safety inspector.
- Provide emergency first aid if required.
- A positive attitude.
- Experience in construction or civil engineering.
- Appropriate health and safety qualifications (SMSTS or equivalent).
- The ability to communicate with, motivate, and (if necessary) discipline the workforce.
- The ability to understand drawings and other contract documents.
- A good understanding of safety procedures.
- First aid training.
- Organisational skills.
- The ability to mediate to resolve issues.
- An understanding of legal responsibilities.
- An understanding of welfare and environmental requirements.
- An understanding of occupational health and behavioural safety requirements.
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.