Experis are currently recruiting for a Service Desk Engineer for a public sector client based in Manchester. This role will be outside IR35.
- To troubleshoot Service Desk tickets within service level targets to ensure a high level of customer service is provided.
- To have extensive knowledge of Windows 10 O/S and Office 365 suite to be able to support this technology and support a new IS Service in the longer term.
- To escalate tickets to the Infrastructure team or third parties such as external support or maintenance companies, as appropriate, to ensure the timely resolution of calls.
- To produce technical documentation for use within the department and user guides for the business to ensure the effective use of systems.
- To provide telephone support answering, logging and prioritising Service Desk tickets to ensure that the service level targets are met.
- To take responsibility for leading or providing technical assistance on projects when required.
- To complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc administrative tasks to ensure the Service Desk runs efficiently.
- To provide support for the Windows network, desktop applications (including Microsoft Office, Avaya telephone system, Android, Apple, VPN, Citrix, Exchange email) and other IS systems.
- To carry out day-to-day administration of the Windows infrastructure and to resolve technical problems as appropriate.
- To provide training, mentoring and support for team colleagues either directly or through the knowledge base to ensure maximum knowledge distribution within the team.
- To comply fully with the Data Protection Act, other relevant legislation and policies and procedures to ensure confidentiality and standards are maintained at all times.
- Attend meetings with internal clients and external companies representing the department.
- To participate in staff training as required.
- To always maintain confidentiality of data and to follow Data Protection guidance and departmental policies and procedures.
- A strong background working in a Service Desk / IS environment troubleshooting and providing technical support, ensuring that service level agreements are met.
- The ability to effectively support and administer Microsoft systems and environments (Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 365, Active Directory, and Exchange server), knowledge of Video conference equipment (Polycom) knowledge of Ivanti / LanDesk would be advantageous.
- To be able to follow Service Desk, Problem, Incident and Change control processes and procedures.
- To have experience and/or knowledge to working in Prince2, ITIL and Agile environments.
- To have a good understanding of the Data Protection Act and the importance of always maintaining confidentiality.