Service Desk Coordinator - Rubery - £20,000 £23,000 + Benefits - Flexible Working
Entry Level - Windows OS, IT Support, Outlook/O365, Office Support
Working on behalf of an established organisation with an enviable client base we are seeking a Service Desk Coordinator. The position would suite someone with excellent customer Service experience and a foundation in IT such as CompTIA A+, IT career Switch or similar. You will be looking to embark on a career in IT Technical Support. The most important thing we are looking for is excellent written & verbal communications experience.
The Service Desk Coordinator role is in place to ensure that all emails and Service Desk queues are monitored efficiently and within the allotted time period throughout each day. As one team the need to be able to manage emails and call queues in the same manner. This will ensure the customers are receiving a consistent level of service. The role is a duty that is assigned to help manage the team throughout each day.
- To asses each email ticket that comes into the Service Desk mailbox and to log it as an Incident, Change Request or to import it into an existing call whereby a user is chasing.
- To ensure that all emails are processed within a timely manor.
- To answer telephone calls when required, should there be an increase in call volume into the Service Desk.
- Using agreed escalation procedures, progress unresolved calls and as appropriate escalate with resolving teams, where target services times have been breached.
- To keep users informed of progress on incidents and change requests logged, and maintain the call log of actions taken.
- To ensure all incident and change request calls are closed in agreement with the customer and that a satisfactory solution has been provided, in accordance with performance and targets to help maintain and enhance customer satisfaction.
- To maintain accurate information within the Service Management Tool (TOPdesk Landesk, Remedy or similar) of calls to provide management reporting in performance statistics.
- Maintain product knowledge and technical skills and learn about new products as required.
- Demonstrates experience in providing excellent Customer Service
- Working as part of a team in a customer focused environment
- Experience of working to agreed timescales and targets
- Experience of prioritising customer requests and invoking escalation processes
- Basic knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems
- Basic knowledge of using Microsoft desktop applications such as Office and Outlook etc.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of customer care
- Desirable knowledge of Landesk, Remedy TOPdesk or other call logging systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- To be able to apply principles of active listening
- Able to use desktop software i.e. word, email, excel
- Good keyboard skills
- Must be an effective team-worker
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to plan, schedule and monitor own workload
- Planning and organising skills