Service Desk Analyst
£140 per day via umbrella company
On-site Milton Keynes
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Desktop Analyst role is responsible for providing all employees including field based staff with support for all VPN Desktops, Laptops, iPhones, iPads and all associated client based applications.
They are also responsible for all audio and visual equipment in meeting rooms and ensuring that these are regularly checked and maintained.
The main part of the role is to maintain and update the laptop estate and support all mobile devices following the build and security design from the Digital Workplace Lead, they will also be available via the IT SOS (Support on Site) technical bar to effectively support the business in real time.
- Responsible for providing 2nd line IT support to business colleagues with laptops, printers and meeting room AV equipment.
- Responsible for provisioning and supporting iPhones & iPads to business colleagues and resolving associated incidents and service requests.
- Responsible for provisioning of laptops with VPN, Windows 10, configuring user profile, supporting business colleagues and initial handover.
- Producing and acting upon monthly reports showing Microsoft patching status, backups and antivirus status of laptops, desktops & meeting room devices to ensure there are no gaps in security patches and backups, remediating where required.
- Ensuring the IT Asset register is kept updated with all changes to hardware devices, correlate with a monthly export from Active Directory.
- Ensuring incidents and requests from senior management are correctly logged and resolved as a priority with outstanding issues escalated.
- Responsible for maintaining the IT Desktop Local Working Instructions (LWI) documents, creating new LWIs where necessary.
- Responsible for managing the digital workplace incident queue, prioritising incidents accordingly and managing incidents according to priority and urgency.
- Responsible for IT Desktop Problem Management queue in HPSM (HP Service Manager) and service requests in FS.GET, working on root cause of incidents and long term solutions.
- Responsible for keeping the laptop build image updated with the latest patches and software components
- Responsible for migrating the existing laptop build images to SCCM and simplifying the build process
- Assisting the Digital Workplace Lead in planning the migration of 1200+ laptops from Office 2016 to M365 (ProPlus)
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of working with a largely remote laptop workforce
- Previous IT Desktop Support experience focusing on Windows clients and shrink wrap applications.
- Experience of working to agreed Service Level Agreements and managing incident support queues to resolution
- Experience of IT 2nd line support of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience of creating and maintaining laptop build images using SCCM
- Hardware technical support of Workstations, Laptops, printers, video conferencing and mobile phones
- Strong customer service focus
SKILLS & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
- Excellent communication skills - communicates with clarity and confidence; adapts style and content to the needs of the audience.
- Ability to deliver results - remains effective and positive even under pressure; takes ownership for delivering outcomes.
- Strong organisational skills
- Problem solving skills - able to solve problems whilst under pressure and within defined SLA
- High attention to detail, quality and consistency in all tasks
- Strong customer service focus, ensuring progress updates to customers are proactively managed
- Strong Windows 10 technical skills including Bitlocker, McAfee, Mobile Iron, Active Directory, Microsoft Office in order to support business colleagues during client upgrades.
- Desktop hardware support, resolving hardware related issues with PC's, laptops etc.
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please be sure to submit your CV!