Our Public Sector client are recruiting for a Service Designer. The specialist will work closely with the IT and Digital Review team and will report directly to the Programme Manager. The role will involve regular conversations with the Chief Digital and Innovation Officer as well as contact with members of the executive leadership team as required. The project requires close working with our IT team (currently a bi-borough team) as well as wider stakeholders.
- Discovery and User Research - Reviewing current processes. Understanding user needs linked to Target Operating Model and vision
- Prototype - Develop journeys/processes for future service including relevant documentation e.g.journey and process maps
- Develop artefacts - A full suite of documents including:templates, drawings, boilerplate documents to support the process & business continuity.
- Investment analysis - Identify investment and resources required
- Adoption/Skills transfer - Work with the team to ensure new processes are adopted- solving problems; developing measures/reporting; ensuring that skills and knowledge are transferred
- Initial set of processes include: Portfolio&Demand management; Service continuity management; Service level management; Software development&management; Knowledge Management.
Key Skills / Experience
- Experience of a range of IT best practice methodologies and implementing best fit in line with organisation needs
- Knowledge of service design methodologies. The fusion of service design and IT best practice skills and experience is essential.
- Experience of engaging staff through service design process and delivering effective workshops
- * Expertise in implementing a product based models and associated processes in IT/digital teams
- Develop user journeys and processes that meet service needs and provide an excellent experience
- Ability to both understand user needs and develop services that deliver against strategic aspirations
- Develop measures and metrics to continually improve and iterate processes
- Ability to deliver a full suite of documents including templates, drawings and boilerplate documents to support the process as well as business continuity
- Experience of working with teams to ensure new processes are adopted and problem solve/adapted where required. This could include developing measures, metrics, reporting and education/coaching sessions.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at all levels including executive leadership
- Ability to deliver in a changing environment and manage uncertainty
- Experience of service design in the local government or wider public sector environment
- Initial scope includes the following services: Portfolio and Demand management; Service continuity management; Service level management; Software development and management; Knowledge Management. Experience around these is desirable