Experis are currently recruiting for a Service Designer role with a public sector client. The successful contractor will be responsible for defining the customer-facing services/experiences and will contribute to the service design function.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Finalise and agree the customer strategy with clarity on customer needs, market focus, customer segments and channels.
- Analyse failure within existing services, identify root causes for that failure and create services and propositions that address those issues.
- Lead the development of KPI's, SLA's, services and processes, and define the end-to-end service blueprints.
- Partner with the internal stakeholders to work with their design agency to define customer experience maps and journeys (considering customer segments, channels, engagement touchpoints against KPI's, SLA's etc).
- Outline capability gaps in the future organisational model identified in the service blueprint analysis, highlighting implications, trade-offs and supplier role/responsibility considerations.
- Broad discipline experience across customer strategy, Service Design, CX and technology.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills - used to engaging with ExCo level on complex subjects and gaining buy in.
- Experience of working on transformation programmes.
- Experience of designing services that meet user needs and are delivered through integrated digital and/or non-digital services.
- Experience using design in the development of strategy, including the evaluation of strategies to ensure that user needs, and business requirements are met.
- Experience leading the analysis and synthesis of outputs from workshops and other research/design activity, for instance, user journeys and service flows.
Essential technical knowledge and skills
- Deep knowledge of service design techniques: service maps/blueprints, customer journey mapping, UX and CX.
- Demonstrable strategic thinking skills with the ability to articulate a vision to drive change.
- Superb collaboration skills across multidisciplinary teams i.e. finance, compliance, IT, product, channel.
- Ability to rapidly develop high-level service prototypes and wire-frames to communicate strategy.
- Solid technical skills, particularly around APIs and apps and ability to understand and make decisions involving digital technology is essential.