What you'll do
We are seeking an experienced Service Delivery Manager within our Group Service Management organisation, who will be responsible for the delivery of Operational and Support Readiness of new Products and Services across Group.
Working as part of the GSM Transformation organisation, you will also contribute to Service Improvement initiatives and Operational Excellence across the Group territories including UK, Italy, and Germany, as well as in partnership with our colleagues in Comcast NBCU.
This role will have high visibility within the business: you will be working with all parts of the organisation coordinating end-to-end Operational and Support readiness delivery across the business Technology Service Management roadmap priorities.
It is a challenging and rewarding role, and you will need to be self-motivated and resilient.
- You will lead transformation and readiness activities from initiation through to final implementation. This will be in the context of overall end to end delivery or defined and agreed Group Service Management scope, providing successful and quantifiable outcomes in line with business goals and objectives.
- You are the gate keeper for Service Introduction, proactively assessing the most efficient and effective way to manage and deliver transformation and readiness in a timely manner. Ensuring programmes and projects fully consider and comply with agreed Service Acceptance Criteria, through effective Impact assessment, scope and delivery planning, budget management.
- You will support and promote Project Delivery and Service Introduction best practice and continuous improvement adopting End to End framework on project engagements
- Build collaborative relationships with stakeholders across business, operational and delivery areas acting as a 'trusted advisor', aligning on recommendations, providing guidance on feasible solutions, resolving issues, influencing ops readiness approach, without impacting delivery or compromising Service Acceptance.
- Provide structure and guidance across your programmes and projects. Exercising good judgement and structure across the key aspects of the role including scope management, plan management, budgetary control, change control, risk, and issue management.
- Support as required the early phase engagement on projects, using delivery expertise and knowledge. This will include Identifying and collating Readiness delivery and support costs as part of business case and budget planning.
What You'll bring
- You will have a strong track record of successfully delivering readiness and transformation plans across multi-platform, cross Service Introduction projects and engagements. Results and delivery, oriented you will lead by example, communicating openly and transparently at all levels exhibiting pragmatism, drive, and credibility.
- We want you to be experienced and comfortable in developing, shaping, and delivering effective Service Management policies and solutions. You will have delivered large initiatives from start to finish and experienced all phases of the delivery lifecycle, ideally in an industry sector or area relatable to the business' core products and Services.
- We want you to be flexible in your approach, able to adapt your style and methods, getting the best out of all resources required to successfully deliver. Open and receptive, you are intuitive and able to recognise when things are going off track, making the necessary adjustments or hard decisions to maintain focus and successful delivery.
- We need you to be an amazing facilitator, able to resolve tensions, improve collaboration and engagement towards shared goals in any situation, at all levels. You will achieve this as a brilliant communicator and listener, who is able to translate messages, simplify and summarise issues in a straightforward and succinct manner
- You will be comfortable in quickly grasping ideas in both familiar and unfamiliar domains, using your experience, and acquired knowledge to shape effective solutions that meet the business strategic Service Management and Business objectives
- Finally, we want you to be the voice of calm in a fast paced and dynamic environment. All programmes go through challenges and stressful times, so we always need you to manage effectively and as calmly as possible, maintaining control and confidence in your leadership
Group Service Management: Our team enables everything we do, technology, our products, customer interactions, and how we work across teams and partners organisations. We drive service excellence in our products, ensuring they're always available, performing at their best. We're relentless, chasing improvement in every customer moment, through design, execution, measurement, and learning. GSM works with technology owners to drive excellence across the end-to-end service, in alignment with our business and customer service strategies.
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Livingston Watermark House
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
We don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.