Senior User Experience Designer
Remote-Odd travel to London
Our client, a market leading Financial Institution are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer, to join them on a customer-based project based in Remote-Odd travel to London. The assignment is an initial 6-month contract and can offer a competitive daily rate via Umbrella
Role Summary & Responsibilities
Working with business strategy, data scientists, software engineers, interface designers and domain specialists you will help to define and build entirely new products and services. Clients work begins with an ideation and discovery phase, which as a UX Designer you will be comfortable in using your skills to help guide the team towards more concrete opportunities.
Working closely with a Senior UX Designer, your primary responsibility will be the creation, iteration and presentation of workflows, wireframes, interface designs and prototypes. These outputs will be informed by the customer research carried out in conjunction with strategy, data science and engineering colleagues. This will provide for you to develop your research skills e.g. collecting and analysing metrics, running workshops, developing research goals, scripts etc. You will work hand-in-hand with your colleagues to follow projects to their natural conclusion.
Design team, data scientists, software engineers, interface designers, end users and project stakeholders.
Essential Skills & Qualities
You will need to be able to:
- Develop workflows, wireframes, and sometimes visual designs
- Write well e.g. you can put convincing copy on your wireframes
- Conduct thorough and well-documented desk research
- are an attentive listener, interpreter, and communicator
- are proactive and self-motivated
- have eye and point-of-view on design
- can demonstrate your creative thinking process
- enjoy solving complex problems
- can break down problems into constituent pieces, question them, uncover critical nuances and lay them out to the team and stakeholders.
- are a continuous learner, open to learning new about new subjects and developing new skills
- communicate and support your point of view whilst being flexible and diplomatic
- are accurate and have good attention to detail
- On-the-job UX experience
- Worked in a multi-disciplinary team
Desired But Not Mandatory Experience
- B2B customer experience
- Basic understanding of the financial markets
- Animation/motion graphics
- Video editing
- Product management
- User story definition
- Definition and analysis of qualitative and quantitative inputs
A relevant degree but not mandatory if they have relevant experience.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, APPLY NOW!