Senior Symfony PHP developer
All Salaries considered
- Our client is a leading global publisher for the marketing and media industries.
- You will be managing a team of Web Developers.
- The role will involve working within a dedicated, enthusiastic team to develop the company's microservice-driven digital platforms.
- This is a great opportunity for a developer with a genuine passion for developing customer-focused applications using modern development architecture and who advocates best-practice.
- You will work closely with developers, designers, and a range of wider teams to develop our business assets. Strong team-working, communication, and leadership skills are a must.
- Help to generate project specifications based on business requirements.
- Build robust web applications to a high standard using modern best-practice.
- Perform code review, including constructive feedback to help others learn, while taking on board others' feedback.
- Monitor the performance of live systems and make active recommendations for improvements.
- Ideally, a minimum of 5 years of experience, including work with one of the above-mentioned frameworks, but technical expertise will determine the correct candidate.
- Preferably educated to degree level in Computer Science, Web Development, or similar.
- Expertise with both procedural and OO PHP
- Strong knowledge of a modern PHP framework (Symfony preferred, but strong experience in Laravel, Zend, or Magento will be considered)
- Expertise using git for version control
- Strong SQL skills with emphasis on relational database design
- Working knowledge of front-end technologies, including HTML5, jQuery, compiled CSS
- Experience with front-end build systems such as Gulp, Grunt, etc.
Experience with the following would also be beneficial, though are not required:
- Micro-service architecture
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to those meeting our above requirements.