Senior Supply Chain Manager
Role Purpose and Description
This SC Manager is working for an innovative, successful and growing business and we are have a number of opportunities to join a dynamic environment in our Procurement and Supply Chain team.
We are dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers. To succeed in our purpose, our vision is to become the chosen partner around the world for mission-critical solutions, innovating for our customers' advantage. To support this we are Customer focused and highly responsive, providing operational excellence and assuring safe and secure delivery
The function is made up of five pillars; ranging from the manufacturing of novel and innovative products, to the procurement of critical goods and services that enables Us to deliver its operations, along with the development of sustainable supply chains that support business winning opportunities.
- The role is accountable for providing a best in class procurement service. The candidate will be responsible for identifying & delivering areas of improvement, and will lead initiatives to drive positive change.
- Maintaining an awareness of technology trends, market forces, cost trends and supplier technology road maps.
- Developing and executing cost effective and timely product and services sourcing requirements for major equipment and services.
- Have a working knowledge of complex contracts and be experienced in negotiating multi-million £ contracts
- Managing multiple internal and external stakeholders / projects globally
- Procurement of technical equipment, custom engineered products, systems, software or components and capital equipment in a regulated environment
- Leading the negotiation of contract terms and conditions supported as necessary by our legal team
- Being recognised both internally and externally as an expert in your field
- Responsibility from 'procurement to pay' which includes supplier and contract management (including relationship, performance and risk), prompt payment, supply chain resilience, etc
- Identify, develop and nurture positive supplier relationships in order to meet our future aspirations, which may include industry engagement events / activities.
- Collaboration with business leadership to deliver & execute the company objectives and targets as defined in the procurement strategy.
Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of different types of contracts
- Influencing, creating and executing strategic Make vs. Buy decisions.
- Management and mitigation of supply chain risk & creation of opportunity.
- Adept at business relationship management; internally & externally facing.
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- CIPS Qualified or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role
- Proven contract negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal leadership and influencing skills.