Senior Sentinel Security Engineer
Salary - £55,000 - £65,000 + Excellent benefits
Location - UK Wide (Remote working)
- Our team is looking for a highly motivated Senior Sentinel Security Engineer who can work collaboratively within the Managed Security Services Team.
- As a Senior Sentinel Security Engineer within our MSS team, you will use your expertise to facilitate the detection and response to a multitude of threats of differing capability and sophistication. You will use, administer, and maintain our MS Sentinel Service to enable the triage of suspicious events, provide context and assessment of risk/threat to our customers.
- You will also get involved in projects that maintain and enhance the capability of our services, and ensure we are providing innovative detection & response services to our clients. This includes threat hunting, supporting the implementation of new cutting-edge technology, malware analysis, recommending detections and getting involved in strategic cross-team projects as part of your wider role within our award-winning Security Operations Centre.
- You will sit within the Security Engineering Team and will work closely with Security Analysts and Engineers. We are a high-trust, close-knit, and award-winning team. So, the passion and drive to get involved, make a difference and contribute to both our security mission and that of our customers is essential.
- Whilst working closely with other Internal and Vendor Security Engineers, you will represent our excellent professional standards to clients. You will possess prior work experience in a customer-facing role.
This role is hybrid based within the UK, with a mixture of home and office based working for collaboration, team building, workshops and clinic days. We can support working from across the UK. All applicants will require residence in the UK.
What you'll be doing in your role:
In the role you will:
- Manage, monitor and maintain our Sentinel and Defender offering, creating and tuning alerts where necessary.
- Investigate log ingestion rates and track them.
- Provide recommendations to our customers on the difference between operational and security logging.
- Ensure each customer's operational health is maintained and respond to all platform requests within agreed SLAs.
- Creation of Sentinel workbooks and Logic Apps
- Lead the implementation of any required upgrades to the technology stack.
- Lead the development of solutions to improve detections and operational capability through the proficient use of KQL.
- Lead integrations between Sentinel and other security technologies
- Maintain an awareness of the latest Defensive Monitoring technologies and trends
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current threats and trends in Cyber Crime and apply this information as part of your daily duties when creating custom queries and altering the SOC Monitor infrastructure.
- Assist both Infrastructure Support and Network Operations in a wide range of duties ranging from security best practice recommendations through to analysing suspicious activity on infrastructure devices.
- Liaise with Account Managers across the business and assist with the presentation of SOC Monitor technology demonstrations to both current and prospective customers.
- Maintain regular written and verbal communication with customers, suppliers, and internally as required.
Please get in contact for a confidential chat.