SENIOR SALES MANAGER
UK wide / Hybrid
c.£65,000 - £75,000 DOE plus Bonus, 10% Car Allowance and Benefits
Full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, medical cover, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts etc
Due to huge growth and record sales within the business, our World leading Science and Technology Service Partners are looking to speak with experienced Senior Sales Managers with a Defence background for an exciting opportunity to join the Maritime and Land (M&L) Weapons Business Development (BD) team.
The ideal candidate will have an Intimate knowledge of the UK Weapons portfolio with strong relationships in the Weapons community. They will also have the ability to support international Business development with a proven business winning (closing) background in industry working effectively across the Air, Maritime and Land domains.
Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Lead the generation of business, translating business opportunities into profitable and VFM solutions
- Own the delivery of the orders, 'as bid' margin and cash/mobilisation targets associated with the business area
- Accurately forecast orders and the associated revenue
- Provide timely market intelligence
- Network with customers and strategic partners to foster relationships that will assure the delivery of the sales orders target and future growth as declared in the business plan
- Work internally with others in the rest of the business to define the sales strategy and build larger sales opportunities
- Ensure bids released are timely, have been competitively priced and all risks to delivery are thoroughly understood and mitigated with all relevant stakeholders satisfied
Key Capabilities and Knowledge
Broad Thinking - Thinks broadly and creatively about the industry and customer landscape, effectively considering wider factors and identifying longer-term opportunities that fit with our core capabilities
Relationship Building - Actively seeks to build and maintains trusting relationships with a wide network of relevant people in the industry, customer and internal customers, leveraging these relationships appropriately.
Customer Focus - Understands the customer's perspective and needs - both professionally and personally - focusing on what will deliver value to them
Commerciality - Evaluates issues and situations in terms of what will optimise growth and profitability for the business over the medium and long-term, taking into account the wider commercial landscape
Personal Impact - Adaptable approach to communicate clearly, credibly and positively when engaging different stakeholders, focusing on earning trust and getting buy-in
Resilience - Maintains a positive and 'can do' approach in difficult situations and over a long period of time; delivers difficult messages constructively when required
Takes Ownership - Takes accountability for organising yourself and others to deliver for the customer and the business; consistently takes the initiative and ownership to drive outcomes
Collaborates Across Boundaries - Drives and facilitates effective working across organisational boundaries to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous demonstrable experience in a sales/business development role at a management level in a Defence environment (ideally MOD / DE&S)
- A leading advocate and practitioner of winning business, liaising with customers at a senior level, structuring propositions and overseeing the creation of proposals and bids
- Comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within sales and an understanding of the technological disciplines and project delivery
- Experience of leading a team of professionals
- Thorough understanding of sales competencies and tools, best practice and current thinking regarding effective and commercially sound sales strategies
- Highly skilled at managing relationships and conflicting priorities at a senior level
- Strong coaching, facilitation and consultancy skills with a proven track record of being able to influence at all levels
- Knowledge of challenges and changes in the sector and how they may relate to the business
- Ability use multiple sources of information to evaluate situations to drive the best possible outcome.
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place over the next few weeks and we are short listing as we speak!
If you need any further information drop me (Craig) an email at