Senior Python Software QA Engineer
Mostly remote with 1-2 days a month in the office in London
Salary up to £60,000 depending on experience
Test Automation Engineer | Selenium | Python | API automation
QA engineer is responsible for creating and automating test cases, execute tests, build, implement, maintain and use new test frameworks and or extend existing frameworks, enabling end-to-end testing in multi-component environments.
· Own the automation, performance and security testing frameworks
· Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to create and improve test plans.
· Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
· Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
· Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
· Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs during the software development lifecycle.
· Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
· Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
· Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
· Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
· Influence the direction of the automation effort, and its scheduling and prioritisation
· Know and understand the meaning behind our virtues of Empathy, Integrity, Focus, Connection, Speed, Curiosity, Impact and embody them in all aspects of your role.
· Proven work experience in software development as a Test Engineer, Automation Test Engineer or QA Engineer
· Ability and previous experience mentoring and coaching team members
· Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
· Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools and processes
· Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases with Python
· Hands-on experience using Automated testing framework and testing tools like Selenium, Behave, TestNG, REST Assured, FitNesse, Junit, JMeter, Gatling, OWASP
· Proficiency in collaborative development tools such as Github, Confluence and JIRA
· Experience of working with cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS
· Experience of the full testing lifecycle from unit testing to user acceptance testing across a multiple product/service environment.
· Ability to learn new languages and technologies
· Strong communication skills and able to work collaboratively, where required as part of a team
· Good problem-solving skills
Due to high volume we can only respond to applications that match the criteria