Purchasing Commercial & Operations Manager
Location: Staverton OR Bristol
About the role
General Description of Job:
Procurement Manager (PM) will work closely with the Head of Procurement, UK, Sector Procurement and Fleet Procurement teams and other key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the function delivers on its strategic priorities and evolves to meet the fast changing needs of the Business.
The PM's key role will be to lead the buying and logistics teams across the UK to ensure adherence to regulatory and operational requirements and guarantee operational supply chain performance and risk mitigation to support the business requirements.
The PM will also play a leading role in ensuring that Procurement and Supplier Governance, Reporting, Systems and Processes are aligned to current Sector, Group and future business needs and driving a standardised approach
Working closely with Sector Fleet, Procurement and Engineering teams, the PM will be responsible for identifying and implementing specific improvement projects in the buying department and in many instances be at the forefront of leading this change.
* Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times and that Safety remains your top priority at all times.
2. Functional Development
* Supporting Head of Procurement in defining, implementing and managing the functional vision, strategy and operating plan in support of UK Aviation and Aviation Sector goals.
* Designing, implementing and managing frameworks (processes & systems) primarily focused on the Requisition to Pay activities.
3. Cost Reduction
* Working with operational teams and business stakeholders to identify, track and report cost reduction opportunities across UK Aviation, including pipeline management and benefits realisation reporting locally and to Sector.
4. Data and Systems
* Collaborating on the Digital Procurement agenda; defining and implementing the Procurement data and systems roadmap in conjunction with the wider Business Systems strategy.
* Improving and managing spend visibility and analytics to support opportunity analysis, risk identification and savings/benefits realisation across all categories and business entities.
* Implementing and embedding purchasing tools, processes and systems across the UK with a standardised approach, aligned to Sector and Group processes
* Ensuring adherence to the delivery of all functional governance, communication and reporting requirements.
* Operating under clearly governed processes with strict adherence to the DOA
6. People Management
* Coaching and developing others (direct/matrix reports)
7. Team Working
* Demonstrate a motivated and results-focused approach and promote a culture of trust, teamwork, continuous improvement and customer focus;
* Support the Head of Procurement and Operational Directors to ensure that the P&SC 'brand' remains strong and that our overall functional objectives are achieved.
* Establish strong mutually-supportive relationships with other UKA functional teams, Sector-wide HoPs and Bid Support teams through formal and informal networking.
* Promote innovation by bringing a transformational mind-set to the function, influencing others to build consensus behind initiatives and to challenge the status quo.
What do I need to do the role?
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
* Recent experience in a Procurement Excellence or Performance & Planning and Strategic Sourcing or Category Management role. Good knowledge and understanding of current strategic Procurement techniques and value levers;
* Aptitude for commercial negotiation with demonstrable successes;
* Experience of both public and private sector procurement;
* Knowledge and experience of a variety of contract forms, including drafting and negotiation.
* Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management or Engineering degree.
* MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification
* Highly capable leader of teams and people management
* High quality communication ability, both written and oral;
* Ability to drive tactical and transactional delivery within a strategic framework
* Be strong on governance, and process orientated with an ability to capture and improve P&SC working practices;
* Strong relationship-building, stakeholder management, interpersonal and influencing skills;
* Highly commercial, with a proven ability to use Procurement skills to unlock value for the business;
* Analytical with capabilities to manipulate and develop KPI scorecards
* Delivery focussed with a pragmatic, hands-on approach that enables strategies to be fully executed, delivers against targets and meets the priorities of the business;
* Capable of working within a matrix organisation;
* Strong commercial and business acumen, with strong negotiation skills;
* Capable of, and comfortable with, instigating positive challenge to traditional ways of working.
* Considerable experience of working as part of a P&SC team, in a relevant industry or environment;
* Effective and highly organised programme manager, able to co-ordinate and deliver multiple projects through established project management tools and techniques;
* Personal presence;
Ability to drive change, maintaining focus and positive attitude in the face of scepticism;
* Energetic and enthusiastic, and passionate about P&SC. Exhibits a strong personal drive and commitment - both to the success of the business and to their own role.
* Achievement orientated - able to work at pace and be responsive to various conflicting priorities and others' project timescales; adopts a focused, determined and pragmatic approach to achieving goals.
* Personable and open, able to deal with various internal and external stakeholders with integrity and positivity;
* Willingness to 'take the lead' and confront difficult situations both within the business and with staff
* Takes responsibility for personal development, actively pursues learning and career development opportunities.
* Strong relationship-building, influencing, interpersonal and communication skills;
* Exhibits adaptability, with a willingness and capacity to develop.
* Willingness to work flexibly, undertaking at times extensive UK travel
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
- Bristol, Bristol, England
- Job Type:
- Job reference:
- about 1 month ago