Senior Project Manager
Our Public Sector client based in Manchester are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager. The client is within the Transport sector.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience in any number of the following:
- IT Transformation projects
- Public Sector organisation
- Transport Industry
- Clean Air projects (environmental research)
- Fully engage in all development and delivery activities as and when directed
- Maintain an up to date Personal Development Plan/Portfolio.
- Proactively manage stakeholder needs and expectations in relation to the Travel Information project, with a key focus on local transport operators.
- Ensure problems and issues are effectively resolved.
- Ensure Project Execution Plans and Programme Plans are initiated and kept up to date for the project / programme including risk and issue management.
- Provide support and advice to others (inside and outside of PMS) in preparing Project Execution Plans and Programme Plans.
- Develop and manage a Customer Engagement Strategy and Plan to ensure that outputs from the project / programme meet the needs of The client's Customers.
- Develop Strategy with other The client departments to promote and encourage take up and usage of a new major programme.
- Ensure design of the solution meets the needs of The client, Stakeholders and customers
- Proactively manage the testing process to ensure solution is delivered on time and meeting the acceptance criteria.
- Ensure compliance with the PMS function's agreed procedures and compliance with all internal standing orders, financial regulations, relevant legislation and other statutory requirements.
- Actively contribute to the development of the PMS function and organisational procedures.
- Secure the necessary internal (Programme Board, Executive Group, etc) and external (The client, Third Party) approvals consistent with current the client's practices and procedures and negotiate projects / programmes through the appropriate gateway process.
- Lead and / or participate in appropriate reviews and lessons learnt exercises at the various stages of the lifecycle process.
- Establish and lead effective working arrangements with multiple internal and external stakeholders to provide guidance on the development and delivery of projects and programmes.
- Present proposals to, and negotiate with, stakeholders.
- Undertake consultation and liaison on projects / programmes as necessary. Manage and monitor the outputs of external and internal project and programme teams
- Take responsibility for setting detailed task briefs with key deliverables, monitoring progress and taking appropriate action to ensure performance against defined time, cost and quality criteria.