Senior Project Manager
Location: Swindon (Remote based working at present)
We are actively looking to secure a Senior Project Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
The Senior Project Manager/ Delivery Lead will be required to manage the completion of an infrastructure upgrade, being carried out in conjunction with a migration to a new network. This delivery is already well established and just reaching the first of four critical implementation stages. It is therefore imperative that the individual can make an immediate impact on the team, rapidly building rapport with team members at all levels in order to hit the ground running.
Essential Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Solid grounding in IT delivery, which should ideally include delivery of infrastructure, database and network change.
- Practically experienced in servant leadership with a demonstrable growth mindset.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a leadership triumvirate with Lead PO and Tech Lead.
- Hands on experience of both waterfall and agile delivery methodology plus related processes and tools (e.g. Kanban, Jira, Confluence).
- Proven track record in planning and managing multiple Delivery Managers (PMs) running workstreams competing for resource, requiring prioritisation on a daily basis, on a team that is drawn from multiple delivery partners as well as the businesses delivery resource.
- On-going adjustments to team structure and resourcing as required in order to ensure the team is fully optimised and set up for success, whilst being appropriately streamlined.
- Hands on risk and issue management.
- Financial control, ensuring delivery within budget.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to effectively manage senior stakeholders through both planned governance (e.g., SteerCo) and ad hoc as required.
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.