Senior Procurement Project Manager
Working from home - UK Based
6 Month Contract
£522 per day PAYE or £670 per day Umbrella
About the role:
The Senior Project Manager - Strategic Procurement Services, is required to lead the validation of the status of third party engagements in Archer, ensure the update of all data errors where found, and facilitate the Third Party Engagement Managers to engage Procurement via Procurement Service Request (PSR) where required to support contract review, and if required, remediation.
The Senior Project Manager will consult with each lead Third Party Engagement Manager to determine and drive where any updates are required across the full in scope set of engagements.
As Senior Project Manager - Strategic Procurement Services you will be accountable and responsible for:
- Ensuring that any requirements are understood, managed and actioned/remediated, and within the required timescales of the project by all stakeholders: Third Party Engagement Managers and Strategic Procurement Service colleagues
- Leadership to deliver the Strategic Procurement Services deliverables in relation to the contract management review project.
- Communication, engagement and regular reporting to Strategic Procurement Services contract management review working group, and senior members of Strategic Procurement Services ExCo with deliverables progress and tracking to completion of remediation/work
- Leading the contract management review project initiative to manage and deliver the required results for Strategic Procurement Services. Particularly ensuring timely conclusion of all dependencies from the contract management review project working group, with those Third Party Engagement Managers with engagements in scope of review, and any supporting Strategic Procurement Services colleagues.
Key Skills and Qualifications for this role
We are currently seeking an experienced senior project manager to join the Strategic Procurement Services team to lead a key contract management project initiative. The Senior Project Manager - Strategic Procurement Services will lead, support and manage the Strategic Procurement Services deliverables required in relation to specific contract management data review, refresh and remediation activities.
Senior Project Managers are required to take decisions and lead change initiatives and manage stakeholder and senior management relationships. The jobholder will not be subject to close supervision, and will be expected to exercise independent initiative and judgement in proactively overcoming obstacles to success, dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances, such as inter dependencies, opportunities or risks. They will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct.
- Relevant project experience on complex projects across countries or regions
- Organisational skills and ability to pick up work right away
- Experience in agile ways of working and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct.
- Understanding of banking and/or financial services industry and/or shared services organisations
- Ability to work and lead in virtual teams and ability to lead cross functional team
- Senior Project management skills and experience of managing large and complex projects with different scope, environment.
- Delivering significant change and collaboration with senior stakeholders across locations
- Ability to interact and influence senior stakeholders at appropriate level
- Ability to pick up a live project and continue leading it
- Ability to work in non-structure environment (and bring structure to it)
- Ability to shape and structure complex problems and direct/lead others, ability to take an E2E view and consider customer and business impacts across the project and externally.
- Ability to provide challenge and alternative solutions, and put forward recommendations / take decisions based on the information available
- Self-driven leadership approach
- Problem solving ability with adherence to deadlines and tight timeliness
- Experience in project tracking (setting up project plan, managing risk and issue log, reporting and governance)
- Experience in leadership of Change Adoption processes - Plan and implement change intervention to enable smooth transition and embed changes and transition to business as usual