Senior Platform Data Engineer
Remote role (office locations London, Bolton, Leicester or Nottingham)
Salary range £45,000 - £65,000 PA
ASAP start date
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing data team. The hire will be responsible for expanding our data pipeline and optimising our data flow architecture and our data lake. The ideal candidate is an experienced cloud data pipeline builder who enjoys building scalable state-of-the-art data infrastructure by using the last cutting-edge technology. The Data Engineer will support our data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent and follows the best practices. The right candidate will be excited by optimising or even redesigning our data architecture to support our ambitious data projects and AI initiatives.
- Gather and orchestra large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Python and AWS technologies.
- Setup analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights such as customer acquisition and retention, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with data team colleagues to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data and secure and implement audit tracking and reports.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimising our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work closely with data and analytics experts to strive for greater usage of our data platform.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational and No SQL databases.
- Experience building and optimising 'big data' data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Redshift.
- Experience with ETL tools like AWS Glue, Matillon etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, Athena etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.