Senior Microsoft Technical Specialist
Salary: Competitive and Bonus and Benefits
Our Client is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business.
Overall Job Purpose
Responsibilities include the design, development and delivery of End User Services primarily based around Microsoft technologies. You will provide key technical leadership through design and implementation oversight to ensure alignment with strategic direction and best practices.
This role will bridge architecture and support, mapping department/business requirements to specific technical efforts in order to deliver strategic roadmap goals and include all aspects of design, build and run of End User Services.
- Significantly contributes to or leads design and development of service specific roadmaps
- Collaborate with technical teams and 3rd party service providers in the design, build and operation of IT services.
- Identify opportunities to optimise return on investment, efficiency, reliability, and simplicity of services.
- Continuously develop technical subject matter expertise on established and emerging technologies
- Plan and perform major version upgrades
- Responsible for the day to day support and service delivery including Incident management and service request fulfilment acting as SME and escalation point.
- Automate and orchestrate the delivery of services where appropriate
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Shares knowledge and actively mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Identify, socialise and implement best practices as they emerge
The candidate will be able to present evidence of recent, relevant technical experience in the M365 technology stack including at least two of the following disciplines as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) where administrative accountability was required. The candidate must also be able to demonstrate experience of working closely with IT Operations.
- Microsoft Exchange - On-premise and O365 based, preferably in a hybrid configuration. Managing exchange configurations, email migrations, account management, distribution groups, contacts and the delivery of an appropriate GAL across organisations. Configuring and maintaining mail flow, security and protection including the use of EOP and ATP, configuring of POP/IMAP and OWA.
- Active Directory - Configuration and management including Domain Controllers, RODC, Sites and Services, OU, GPO, ADFS/WAP, Network Policy Server, Azure AD for 365 and Azure AD Connect configuration, operation and troubleshooting. Cloud and on-premise management of user, computer and security objects and the presentation of AD services for use by third party products such as Identity and Access Management tooling.
- Collaboration and Communication - Skype for Business, Teams and Sharepoint integration both in 365 only and hybrid configurations. The ability to communicate, collaborate, and share securely, whenever and wherever work happens.
- End Point Management (SCCM/Intune) - To provide management and support for core Microsoft Desktop, mobile and BYOD at a 3rd line level. Including: Desktop gold build delivery, maintenance and troubleshooting, PXE build service maintenance including new hardware integration, Windows 10 configuration and maintenance, 3rd line support for desktop related issues, management of the SCCM stack to deliver and maintain software packages and patches across our estate and mobile device management.
Ideally the candidate will have worked in a medium to large enterprise and have gained their knowledge through user and IT engagement at a number of levels, significant practical experience, training and appropriate professional certification. They will enjoy the challenge of continuous improvement and change and always look to deliver a first class end user experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to consider and articulate the interdependencies of IT services and technologies
- An inquisitive and engaging personality that looks to innovate and continuously improve to deliver the best possible experience to our customers
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure while taking ownership of issues
- Experience of working across technology disciplines in order to deliver the best outcomes
- Ability to work standalone or as part of a team
- Flexible and reactive