Role: Senior Java Developer
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation?
Our client is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
You will be based on site working with one of the UK's most digital organisations and leading the technology revolution across the public sector. With over 50 million customers at the heart of everything they do the scope and impact of your work is limitless. As a team, they're not afraid to try new technologies and new ways of working.
The successful candidate will have deep skills in at least one programming language, with experience of systems integration and will be focused on producing good quality code. Once the service is delivered, they will continually look to improve the service by identifying new tools and techniques and removing technical bottlenecks. They will be an all-rounder who is able to communicate with colleagues and customers alike, sharing ideas, skills and experience to ensure the whole team performs to its best.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building integration services with a focus on how they will be used
- Seeking collaboration and early feedback
- Designing services, they expect to operate and maintain
- Leaving developments simpler and better tested than when you started
- Looking for opportunities to share progress and knowledge
- Learning from colleagues and the wider community; and
- Using data to make decisions, building tools to gather that data.
There is scope for personal development and technical learning 'on the job', but the successful candidate should expect to be assessed at Skills For the Information Age (SFIA) Level 3 in at least one of the following areas:
- Systems Design
- Programming / Software Development
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate practical experience in one or more of the following key disciplines:
- Systems design and development and Service-Orientated Architecture
- Agile development techniques
- Hosting platforms: UNIX, Linux, Windows
- Environment virtualisation, deployment and testing automation
- Java programming language or similar
- Continuous Integration environments and tooling
- Micro Service Architectures design / development
- Middleware / messaging products and protocols; and
- APIs design and management.
- Working as part of a Scrum team in an Agile environment
Ideally, the successful candidate will also demonstrate experience in the following desirable disciplines:
- Integration Technologies: Mule/WSO2/Camel/Rabbit MQ
- Knowledge of XML schemas
- Building Tools (Apache Maven)
- Oracle Database/Stored procedures
- Java development
- XML schema knowledge
- CI/CD tools GITLAB, Jenkins, Ansible
- Development in Amazon Work Space environment
- Spring Boot
If you're ready for your next career challenge and would make a great fit for this role, click the link to apply today.
At Experis, we're the global leader in professional IT resourcing and solutions, operating in more than 50 countries worldwide. Thanks to our expert industry knowledge, history of success and strong relationships with organisations large and small, we're perfectly placed to match specialist IT professionals into permanent and contract assignments.