Role: Senior Java Developer
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make it a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you'll do:
- Design, develop and test new micro-service applications using container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Collaborate with other developers, sharing and receiving knowledge
- Mentoring more junior developers and driving and designing in house training.
- Build applications that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility.
- Maintain and contribute to software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal Sky standards and industry best-practice
What you'll bring:
- Extensive system development knowledge with Java, noSQL, Cassandra
- Familiarity with configuration and build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle
- Familiarity with Prometheus and Grafana
- Strong Pair Programming experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of design patterns and solid principles
- Test Driven Development and Business Driven Development
- In-depth experience of working with APIs (REST etc.)
- Microservices experience is desirable
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you!