- Managing programme strategy and the programme approach across a series of projects or component activities, building stakeholder buy-in around plans, commitments and changes.
- Assisting business stakeholders with the decomposition of complex business requirements into Epics and User Stories that can be delivered by Technology teams via respective backlogs with minimum cross product co-ordination.
- Delivery, governance & reporting to stakeholders including the Product owner in the business, head of a service line or Product within Technology
- Driving the use of Agile methodologies within Technology teams (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean) in line with corresponding transformation frameworks at the bank.
- Ensuring Technology programmes align to HSBC strategies and contribute to towards achieving strategic aims.
- Ensuring that all Technology practices and associated tools are being adopted and adhered to within the Programme.
- Managing programme budgets, including headcount and software delivery capitalization.
- Managing negotiation with and management of, and service agreement monitoring of third party contracts with Technology suppliers.
- Managing the development and promotion of the technology portfolio and project management practices.
The ITPM will provide the IT coordination and programme interlock for all catalyst activity contributing to the delivery Bank Wide Digital Services programme. Secondly, it will be the key coordination point for all Ops tech innovation ideas on behalf of Ops technology and (part of the innovations Steering in ET). The Catalyst lead will work closely to the Ops Hd of catalysts, and provide the IT PM oversight, advice and governance frameworks to ensure resilient support for the bank wide digital programme. The role will support the Bank Wide Service programme IT Director and act as the deputy. The role will be entity aligned to Global Operations CIO.
Strong Governance and senior stakeholder management skills
Strong background in automation delivery and the automation eco system
Wide ranging background in Data, reporting and MI
Be the key interlocutor for Catalyst Leads (Ops)
- Be accountable for setting up, managing and leading the Technology support for ODBS catalysts across the various specific strategic programmes and portfolios (often complex in nature, e.g. multi business and function). L
- Oversee the delivery of the governance and reporting, programme financials, planning and control, issue and risk management, and change control pertinent to catalyst delivery
- Provide assistance to the Strategic Change Director / Programme Director / Senior Programme Manager / Programme Manager and other PMOs to successfully deliver the programme from definition to closure
- Ensure the change standards are followed, using standard project management tools such as Clarity and working closely with their colleagues in Transformation, Technology and Business teams. The Executive PMO, may also be responsible for hiring, mentoring and managing a team of PMO professionals, and providing consultancy internally to strategic change programmes and portfolios.
- Be a member of the ODBS Leadership team and will be expected to contribute towards defining and setting the strategic direction of the Bank Wide Digital Services in line with global operations direction
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Run requirements management processes and design business solutions.
- Manage requirements traceability through design and delivery.
- Coordinate requirements gathering, documentation, prioritisation and traceability working, sometimes working with multiple program teams and senior stakeholders.
- Support impact assessment for change requests on design, scope, time, budget or effort on programme plan and provides accurate estimates for handling new requirements, design changes and scope.
- Support compliance with all relevant mandatory standards, group policies and tools such as Business Transformation Framework, ISR and data policy, as well as maintaining a focus on internal controls such as Op Risk and SOX.
- Support project or programme resourcing activities.
Please forward CVs to Leigh Sproston in the first instance