Senior Commercial Business Partner
Experis are recruiting for a number of Commercial Lead/Senior Commercial Business Partner roles with a large central government department.
- Manage/Lead concurrent procurement projects through the full life cycle from direct award through to full (OJEU/FTS) / complex framework mini competitions;
- Work directly with Consulting Category Team Lead, Professional Services Category Lead, and Business Owners to undertake, manage and support the procurement process, resolve day to day issues, develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders;
- Provide transparent, robust and accurate contract management and reporting information;
- Build relationships internally and externally to ensure general procurement processes and strategy are 'fit for purpose' and world class; and
- Contribute towards the delivery of the wider team and corporate objectives.
- Overall end to end management and leadership of delegated Commercial Cases across portfolio stakeholder groups up to the value of approx. £100m.
- Pipeline analysis and reporting
- Assist Business Owner with development of BJT and approvals and managing touch points with CCS where appropriate.
- Ensuring only high quality, fully completed BJTs are presented to the CCB (in line with the processes dictated by the secretariat), with all relevant approvals in place;
- Generating High Quality Contracts and managing timely signature process (redaction and publication where appropriate), correct filling and reporting of contract status, and managing touch points with CCS where appropriate.
- Ensuring the PO is raised in a timely fashion, and managing supplier communications to that effect
- Timely and accurate weekly (as a minimum) updates to workplan
- To act as a trusted advisor in assisting business owners in developing and implementing procurement strategies for projects and services; helping to devise effective commercial/legal contract specifications and to develop a full procurement life cycle;
- Responsible for all aspects of Sub Team/Portfolio management
- Building, owning and developing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in identifying areas where savings can be made, being proactive in providing advice on how cost reductions can be achieved
- Implement and maintain systems and management information/reporting metrics to support the commercial management process
- Instilling a 'can do' attitude, and being flexible, accountable and responsible for delivering on ad hoc requests.
Key experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years' experience of success in comparable procurement function(s)
- Deep experience and understanding of Public Sector/EU procurement and supply chain management processes; knowledge of OJEU rules and regulations, evaluation panel structures, criteria and contract award procedures
- A solid appreciation of the workings of Government and a clear understanding of the environment
- Excellent influencing and listening skills; an ability to be heard through personal credibility and exercise sound judgement
- Experience of designing and implementing effective procurement strategy for an organisation of similar scale and scope
- Experience of e-tendering and Bravo would be an advantage;
- MCIPS or similar qualification.