Senior Business Development & Sales Manager - Land Training
Our client is a world class provider of cutting-edge training, simulation and consultancy services and they are at the forefront of developing and delivering innovative solutions for military and civilian customers around the globe. Adept at educating personnel individually and collectively, the company provides training, simulation and consultancy services tailored to their clients' requirements. The business takes pride in delivering fast and flexible services and the ability to address future challenges in a timely manner, ensuring clients are suitably equipped to exploit emerging technical innovations.
The successful candidate will own the delivery of the orders target in the Land Domain and be responsible for leveraging existing capabilities and growth opportunities through strong customer relationships, understanding the customer/market needs (Customer & Stakeholder engagement), helping to develop the business strategy and closing orders, working closely with the current Management, Business Development and Technical teams.
In addition to the sales role, the position will also include significant involvement with wider Group business development activities in the Training & Simulation domain, together providing an exciting opportunity to work across a broad portfolio of near-term order in-take and larger scale long-term opportunities.
The post holder will work with teams to draw linkages to the wider business, generating additional value for the group and its customers. Previous demonstrable sales & business development experience in the Land domain working with Army customers is a pre-requisite for this challenging role, with recent experience in the Training & Simulation space a distinct advantage.
- Leadership and progression of a personal portfolio of opportunities
- To manage internal and external stakeholders including, where appropriate, supporting the development and ongoing management of key Customer Accounts and B2B relationships
- Identify, develop and close new business sales against personal orders target
- Works collaboratively with wider sales teams to support cross sales team initiatives including where appropriate support to the Global Campaigns and Domain Strategies
- Ensures that their own performance positively impacts the performance of the wider sales and delivery teams, including close collaboration and mutual support to the existing team to maximise the sales potential through change orders and existing contract uplifts
- To demonstrate high value selling in all opportunities and activities
- Development and delivery of the sales pipeline growth
- To influence decisions through sound advice and judgement
- Ensure compliance and adherence to legal and company processes, with auditable visibility
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous demonstrable experience in a one or more of the focus areas
- Excellent understanding of and ability to apply sales concepts, tools and principles
- A leading advocate and practitioner of winning business, liaising with customers, structuring propositions and overseeing the creation of compelling proposals and bids
- Thorough understanding of sales competencies and tools, best practice and current thinking regarding effective and commercially sound sales strategies
- Ability to effectively negotiate both internally and externally
- Skilled at managing relationships and conflicting priorities
- Strong coaching, facilitation and consultancy skills with a proven track record of being able to influence at all levels
- Excellent knowledge of the defence & national security industry - knowledge of capabilities, skills and products applicable to the Training & Simulation market is highly desirable
Due to the nature of the work, this role requires the successful candidate to undergo security clearance. You should ideally hold current SC or be eligible to be security cleared in line with UK Government requirements and have been resident in the UK for the last five years.