About the role -
Reporting to: Lead BA
§ To work as a highly experienced BA with business and IT stakeholders, to identify & capture requirements for information systems & processes that deliver great value to the business, and delivering functional specifications, conducting feasibility studies, producing designs/models and supporting project delivery.
§ To translate the high level vision for projects into a PID and then into detailed level requirements (stories), and onwards to Business Requirements Documents maintaining the traceability of requirements
§ To act as Product Owner, making decisions on priorities and releases on behalf of the business
§ To help facilitate an Agile development methodology and support scrum teams to efficiently deliver business projects and benefit.
§ Work with project sponsors to identify and document business requirements
§ Work with Project Managers to draft and develop Stage Gate documentation
- Draw on significant BA experience to gather more complex and, potentially, organisation wide functional and non-functional requirements. Using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
§ Act as the Product Owner for designated projects, writing stories for the IT teams and prioritising their development (including defining the minimum viable product)
§ Represent the business, and their processes, at design meetings and make decisions on the business' behalf
- Communicate & manage the business requirements through a project/ programme's lifecycle, together with business/UAT testing & acceptance criteria between teams to test, document implement solutions.
- Manages traceability from requirements through to implementation.
§ Represent the business at Go/No Go Release meetings, making decisions on the business' behalf
§ Manage and prioritise the delivery of system fixes (IMs) and work submissions for allocated IT streams
§ Work with business operations team to document existing processes and system behaviours
§ Work with Scrum Teams to develop use cases and UI wire-frames
§ Assess the impact of proposed changes on both business processes and systems
- Utilise business and IT domain knowledge to provide inputs to project scoping and planning, including risks, issues, constraints, assumptions and dependencies.
- Provides direction and support to project management, development, test and implementation teams as and when required.
- Develops and maintains robust relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure business analysis, development, test and implementation activities are visible and in line with agreed customer expectations.
- Builds confidence and acquires an understanding of the business.
§ Manage and develop business analysts
- Very strong knowledge of operational systems, regulations, procedures and controls
- Excellent decision maker, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities and constraints
- Subject-matter-expertise in the business domain and related IT services and systems.
- Interested in gaining an in-depth knowledge of business areas and a detailed technical understanding of the supporting IT services and applications.
- Undertakes any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participates in training and development procedures.
- Creative mindset with ability to think innovatively
- Passion to challenge complexity and simplify processes
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly to technical and operational people
- Effective prioritization and execution of tasks
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and goal orientated
- Enjoys working with statistics, identifying trends and patterns. Good attention to detail
- People management and coaching / development skills
- Degree qualification of equivalent
- Relevant business analyst and/or customer services experience
- Agile methodology and Agile Product Owner experience