Cyber Security Engineer
Locations- Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Leeds or Crewe
Salary- Competitive & Negotiable
Are you a driven and enthusiastic Cyber Security Engineer who is looking to take the next step in your career?
If you are a forward-thinking leader, who enjoys travelling and working in a team to deliver high quality services related to key security functions. Then, read below!
The company we are recruiting for is a global leader within digital transformation, whose aim is to inspire candidates and their people to make the right choices, collectively and individually, to shape the future of the information space. The company has a real focus on growing as a team and supports their employees to grow and develop their skills too. With the employee life cycle designed to prevent discrimination and make employees feel they are where they belong, the company is not only very accepting, but also an extremely exciting place to work for and be a part of.
Note: This role requires security clearance at SC level, so you must be resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
- Support and management enterprise Data Loss Prevention, Anti-Malware (EDR/ATP), Device Control, Device/File Encryption and IDAM technologies.
- Support in including system design, implementation, patching/upgrades, administration, policy management/tuning, client agent management and monitoring for all above managed solutions.
- Rapid response to identified threats on customer estates to ensure swift resolution and mitigation/prevention against potential vulnerabilities or outbreaks.
- Management of security tooling agents and patch/hotfix deployment with effective troubleshooting to ensure full customer estate coverage.
- Carry out analysis, evaluation and compatibility testing of security applications for new hardware/software.
- Identifying how to apply innovation and new technologies to customers, suppliers, and partners and confer those responsible for progression.
- Maintain an awareness of current developments in the enterprise security arena and conduct research and development of new technologies.
- Prepare and produce systems documentation in accordance with the company and ISO9000 policies and procedures.
- Mentoring team members and communicating with customers to improve their overall security posture within the run products.
- Experience in leading enterprise cyber security solutions, from implementation through to BAU operational management and service delivery.
- Deep understanding of and skill in minimum of two of the below technologies: Digital Guardian Endpoint DLP (highly desirable), Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM), Trend Micro Apex One and/or Trend Micro Deep Security, McAfee ENS / DLP / MOVE managed via McAfee ePO.
- Good analytical skills and self-motivation to resolve issues.
Skills we'd like:
- Industry recognised security certification such as CompTIA Security+, SSCP, CISM, CISSP or equivalent.
- Ability to handle and support large security solution customer environments running multiple site locations.
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python, VB scripting or PowerShell to aid automation of services.
Benefits of the role:
Our client's ambition is to be a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals and innovate without limitations. We welcome everyone to apply.
Family friendly, flexible working arrangements will be considered across all roles.
This role currently is predominantly remote working.
- Attractive salary
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
- Flex benefits system - exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms
Our client's UK&I ambition is to be an inclusive, diverse and ethical employer of choice and for our employee experience to be truly best in class. We strive to create an environment in which difference and individuality is valued and celebrated in order to realise our employee's full potential. How we support every individual within the company - in the spirit of togetherness - is what truly makes this company a great and exciting place to work.
If you believe that you are a good fit for this role, submit your CV now with a cover letter. We are more than happy to answer queries and help with your journey. This role is a great opportunity for an individual in this field of work who is ready to maximise their potential and reap the rewards that come with the Cyber Security Engineer position.