Experis are currently recruiting for a SCALA Developer for a government client to develop and test features in Scala and TypeScript to help users to transfer digital records. The successful contractor will configure and deploy AWS services following DevOps principles using Terraform to support those features. They will also review code written by other developers on the team and provide guidance as required for two junior developers.
The team are building a product which will enable the secure transfer of selected born digital public records. The service offers tools for content upload, validation and transfer of ownership. The primary users of service will be transferring public record bodies and courts. The team have completed in-house Discovery and Alpha prototyping phases to determine the scope of the proposed service and released in private Beta in July 2021. They are currently over midway in the Beta public build of the product. The product is due to receive court judgments in April 2022 with a public beta release estimated for June 2022.
Our client requires a developer to work on the end-to-end journey of this web based service in order to increase capacity within the team so that the product build remains on track for key milestones.
- Experience writing code in Scala
- Strong ability to create and test software so that it is maintainable
- Experience configuring and deploying to AWS services, using tools like Terraform
- Knowledge of development and infrastructure to meet modern standards of security, reliability
- Have experience of working within accessibility standards and best practice
- Translating complex technical information to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of GDS principles
Baseline security clearance is required with a willingness to undergo SC clearance at a later date