Sales Data Analyst and Insight Professional
We are actively looking to secure a Sales Data Analyst and Insight Professional to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) is a key sales channel for the client, contributing £1.7bn revenue and £0.8bn EBIT per year, and serving 1m+ SME customers in the UK. It's an exciting period of growth for SME, and as we embed our new Enterprise model to achieve that growth, this role will support the delivery of our ambitious transformation plans and goals.
This role will be responsible for owning account (customer and prospect) data for a defined SME account base, and proactively finding ways to cleanse and improve that data set - making it simpler, more accurate, and more readily available to salespeople through Salesforce, to support them make decisions that deliver brilliant sales performance and customer experience. Based on good understanding of the drivers of sales performance, and how data can enhance this performance and business outcomes, the role holder will analyse their data set, proactively draw out relevant insights, and ensure our sales tools and systems are updated to present this data in a user friendly way that helps sales colleagues win in the market.
What I'll be doing - your accountabilities
- Supports delivery of consultancy and analysis for projects, implementing opportunities for simplification, efficiency and enhancement to deliver business process improvements, customer satisfaction, cost reduction and revenue growth.
- Develops reports and analytics to drive business improvements, applying standard business improvement models and processes.
- Supports testing of processes against agreed specifications, corporate standards, architecture and methods, and makes recommendations for process / procedural improvement.
Specifically in this role
- Data mine and apply analysis techniques to translate account data into valuable business insight
- Correlate numerous account data points to identify opportunities to simplify and improve the quality of data available to salespeople, to drive sales performance and customer experience
- Keep sales tools and systems (Salesforce) up to date with accurate account data
- Use initiative to proactively analyse business problems.
- Deliver solutions to business problems using a hypothesis led approach.
- Deliver insights in an easy to understand format using a variety of data visualisation tools and techniques
- Participate in regular stakeholder communication - updates and reporting as required for the business
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships to help build up a good understanding of their business areas
Skills required for the job
- Data validation - You apply your expertise in data analytics and your understanding of data validity and the related risks. You follow guidelines and apply judgement to assess business analysis and ensure conclusions have integrity.
- Systems thinking - You work across teams to identify links between structure, people, process and technology to make sure we succeed. You know when to look at the big picture and gather new perspectives.
- Improvement focus - You collaborate to identify how work activities and processes can be improved. You challenge the status quo, are willing to try new ideas, and forge new paths in how we use data to achieve business goals. You're hungry to learn and remain current and curious about industry, market and competitor trends.
- Communication - you're able to make the complex, simple and make sure data is clearly and simply presented and readily available for colleagues to use, to support effective decision-making that drives performance.
- Commercial acumen - you understand the drivers of sales and business performance, and apply your knowledge of how data analysis and insight can be used to support effective decision-making to your recommendations about what information needs to be presented, to who, when, and how.
- Critical thinking - you demonstrate strong numerical skills and analytical thinking in your work.
Experience you would be expected to have
- Successful track record of working with data to inform decision-making and improve business performance
- Experience working with data to support a sales organisation required
- Experience in B2B / inside sales environment desirable
- Experience working alongside colleagues to deliver a transformation programme - eager to explore new features, tools, ways of working and keen to use data analysis & insight to challenge the status quo.
- Experience working with sales tools and systems (Salesforce).
- Experienced translating complex data sets into simple, clear, user-friendly data and insight for (sales) colleagues.
- Worked alongside colleagues through a period of intense stress and pressure
- Developed an internal network of strong working relationships you can call on to assist with your role
- Delivered results when the deliverables were unclear
- Tackled process/policy obstacles to delivery
- Advocating and applying technology where it has not been used previously
- Developed business cases and ways to avoid costs
- Coordinated the work of colleagues or team to fit within a broader programme of work
- Delivered a project ahead of time