Role: Ruby on Rails & Node.js Developer
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 2 months
IR35: Out of Scope
As a Ruby on Rails/Node.js Developer role you will help with the development and re-architecture of a core backend integration API that supports multiple front-ends including React web Applications and Mobile Apps.
You will have the opportunity to work on implementing a new Node.js microservices architecture that will eventually replace an existing Ruby on Rails application. You will be able to contribute to technology choices as well as defining new coding patterns and standards. We focus on automating our testing and will expect you to be comfortable writing unit tests for your code and also have experience with integration and API
You'll work across all stages of the product life cycle: from inception, to proof of concept, to full build, and then launch in the market. You'll also work closely with our broader team of Designers, Product Managers, Technologists and QA's to get to a fantastic result.
Your technical skills will include:
- Ruby on Rails, API development experience
- Rake, Bundler and Gem experience
- Sidekiq Job Queue experience
- Experience of test automation with Jest, RSpec, Cucumber, Capybara and VCR
- Node.js microservices and API experience using Express.js framework
- Knowledge of SQL Server or similar database solution
- Code Monitoring tooling, e.g. Datadog APM
- Integration with external APIs both REST/GraphQL and Hypermedia
- Knowledge of OWASP good secure coding practices
- Good working knowledge of Docker
- Good understanding of Github workflows
- Knowledge of CircleCI or Github Actions
- Knowledge of the Atlassian Tool Suite
- A strong view on testing and how to move quickly in a fast-paced iterative environment
- Deep understanding of testing principles and a variety of testing techniques and methods
- Experience working with continuous integration tools
As our team member you will be able to:
- Work in a Scrum delivery methodology
- Be able to proactively and clearly communicate with your team across all written and verbal channels.
- You understand and work around the challenges of being part of a remote team.
- Show your passion and curiosity for web technology and know when to introduce new ideas to the team.
- Exhibit a wealth of experience of software integration patterns, APIs and approaches to integrating with legacy systems.
- Comfort advocating DevOps concepts and are expert in the tools and technologies that make them possible.
- An eye for detail and passion to make what we create shine. Our products have got to be functionally correct and they've also got to look good
- The drive to proactively identify and implement improvements to the way we work
- Deliver value to our clients as quickly as possible. In tech terms, this means we get stuff built and shipped and into customers hands as fast as we can.
- Work within a multi-skilled technology team consisting of Frontend Developers, Backend Develops, and strategic Technologists. However, we build teams around projects and each project team is multi-disciplinary and made up of Product Strategists, Service Designers, Product Designers and Developers
- Spend time reflecting on the work we're doing and how we're doing it. As a core developer you'll be an integral part of the development team and will help define "what good looks like" for the core integration component of the web service.
Please submit CVs today!