Fenchurch Street, London
£80,000 plus full benefits
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our clients, a world leader in reinsurance. They stand for exceptional solution-based expertise, consistent risk management, financial stability and client proximity. It operates in all lines of insurance, with more than 42,000 employees throughout the world.
As a Risk Manager, you'll have the ability to make a significant impact to the organization by supporting the digitalisation strategy of the company state-of-the-art data and MI solutions.
To support the development, implementation and embedding of a comprehensive and proportionate risk management framework and risk culture across the company, ensuring compliance with risk management requirements.
- Being responsible for the development, implementation and embedding of specific components of the risk management framework and governance components; methodologies and training, as required.
- Providing the business (1st line of defence) with effective and timely risk management (2nd line of defence) challenge and advice, representing a risk management viewpoint in business identification, measurement, management and reporting of risks and internal controls, and specifically in relation to any allocated responsibilities.
- To support the Senior Risk Manager in the delivery of the annual risk activity and deliverables plan and communicating when departures from plan are anticipated on a timely basis.
- Owning allocated risks in the respective entity risk register and facilitating regular risk and control assessments.
- Designing and maintaining appropriate key risk indicators (KRIs) and triggers limits to monitor the trends in risk exposures.
- To manage and support the on-going career development of direct reports within the risk team, including on-going continuous conversations and coaching.
- To lead, contribute and / or deliver risk training and awareness initiatives on behalf of the Risk team as may be required.
- To support or undertake any other risk management departmental activities as and when required by the Senior Risk Manager. Examples include Business Continuity Management / Operational Resilience.
- Must have at least 7 years of risk management, internal or external audit experience with suitable qualification.
- Must have in-depth understanding of general insurance industry, and preferably of the Lloyd's or general insurance market.
- Broad knowledge of Solvency II and Lloyd's market is a strong advantage in order to be able to question, review and challenge Syndicate or IDC management of risks, internal control effectiveness, business processes and procedures.
- Must have excellent report writing skills, experience of preparing reports and presentations for Senior management / Committee or Board review.
- Focussed on completing activities to meet internal/external reporting deadlines, pragmatic solutions orientated and be conscientious with developing collaborative relationships with business stakeholders.
- A broad understanding of the current risk management environment and awareness of key developments in risk management best.
If you're who is looking for a career working with a fantastic team please click apply now!