Research Executive £22-25k + benefits
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ideally some experience of conducting research - primary and secondary (or one of the two and enthusiasm to learn).
- Understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods, research design and ethics and governance
- Ability to undertake secondary research, including establishing search criteria, compiling and summarising content in an accessible format.
- High level numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to write about complex market information in a clear, concise and engaging manner.
- Experience in updating webpages
- Experience/Exposure of data visualization tools.
The research team is part of the Voice Department, which includes marketing, digital, campaigns and comms. Working alongside marketing and campaigns, the research team produce and present content (including white papers, reports, and presentations) across multiple channels and for a range of audiences in an accessible way.
The Research Executive will support the Research Manager with the production and the delivery of content and materials aimed at supporting activities in the wider Voice department. This will include supporting the Research Manager with running research projects in-house, as well as in collaboration with external partners.
The work will vary in nature and could involve a mixture of primary and secondary research including quantitative and qualitative, interviews, focus groups and phone and online surveys. Currently, they produce three regular research reports. The post holder will be a key member of the team and supporting the Research Manager with the day-to-day operational requirements of the three projects, as well as with range of administrative duties.
In addition to our regular content, one-off pieces of research will be planned throughout the year. Some will be aimed at members, some with a wider business, policy or media audience in mind. In 2021, we will plan to deliver two guides to help businesses to recover from the pandemic.
To succeed in this role, the postholder will need excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as some research and data analysis experience. The ideal candidate will bring a desire to learn and grow on the job as we are developing our research content as a key benefit for our members.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Research Manager with the production of research outputs.
- Take ownership of the day-to-day operational requirements for the three flagship reports
- Working with the Research Manager and colleagues from the Voice department to deliver communications strategies for research publications to maximise co-ordination, presentation and dissemination of messages.
- Supporting the research manager to build the research capabilities to support our campaign and commercial targets - chiefly, the retention and acquisition of corporate members.
- Supporting the research manager by actively collecting feedback with the focus on constantly evolving our products and services to reflect the needs of our members.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with external research organisations and relevant teams and individuals in government departments, think tanks and stakeholder organisations
- Liaising with colleagues to streamline our research and make it an integral part of the work of different functions across the business.
- Keeping up to date with policy and social issues as well as advancement in social and market research.
- Explaining complex ideas in ways that can be easily understood.
- You will develop expert knowledge of the industry and be willing to enhance your research capabilities to support the wider commercial targets.
- Supporting the research manager with range of administrative activities, including maintaining and curating the research content database.
- Taking ownership for the research inbox and responding to member research enquiries.
- Undertake any other work as required by the business.
Knowledge and skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work quickly and effectively to respond to fast moving events
- Proactive and innovative - able to suggest ways to improve processes
- Professional attitude and approach to internal and external stakeholders
- Positive and adaptable approach to problem solving