Project Management Professional
Exeter - Hybrid
Security clearance (SC) / NPPV3 eligible
The role is responsible for planning and managing the delivery of project(s): This activity could be smaller projects where scale / complexity / risk is low or stages / components / work streams within a larger project / programme. In both instances complexity indicators such as the Work Breakdown Structure and Team Structure are likely to be simple and single tier.
The nature of project outputs will be bespoke Network, IT and voice solutions and you will need to manage specialists from across the business to do this. As a guide It is expected that the value of delivery (i.e. PS Resource, equipment etc.) could be in the region of £1 Million.
You'll be directly engaging with customers and as such have a key role in shaping customer experience through both project outcomes and personal behaviours. As part of a professional community of Project and Programme Managers you will be expected to have a good knowledge of project management methods / tools and conform with governance / standards set out by the PMO.
- Accountable for producing and maintaining the Delivery Schedule.
- Accountable for producing or providing input to Project Management artefacts (i.e. PID, RAID Logs etc.)
- Accountable for managing multiple teams / functions to deliver an agreed set of outputs within time, budget and quality parameters.
- Accountable for keeping customers informed of progress. This will be via informal and formal mechanisms.
- Accountable for supporting and conforming with agreed governance structures (i.e. attending project checkpoints, providing regular schedule updates etc.)
- Accountable for highlighting any changes in scope and ensuring that these are managed through appropriate governance.
- Accountable for managing risks / issues with appropriate escalation in a timely manner.
- Accountable for providing and maintaining resource forecasts within Clarity PPM.
- Accountable for inputting and maintaining key milestone dates within Clarity PPM.
- Accountable for seeking customer satisfaction feedback.
- Accountable for manging the delivery budget and ensuring costs do not exceed these.
- Accountable for maintaining professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Accountable for ensuring that project outputs are of the right level of quality.
- Competent project management skills with experience of delivering technical solutions to customers.
- Ability to direct and manage both internal, third party and customer resources.
- Ability to build plans that cover delivery activity and resources - Intermediate practitioner.
- Good communication skills; verbal and written.
- Effective stakeholder management skills
- Good interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence, ability to build relationships, ability to network etc.
- Ability to predominantly operate with autonomy / independence
- Curiosity and challenge needed to assure good outcomes
- Tenacity and resilience
- Negotiation skills - Intermediate practitioner.
- Comfortable with "taking the initiative"
- Problem solving skills - Intermediate practitioner.
- Ability to identify risk and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Commercial and financial acumen - Intermediate practitioner.
- Ability to connect with our customers and grasp the challenges faced by their business.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and skills required, please do not hesitate to apply now!