Project Manager - Procurement
Jefferson Wells are currently recruiting for a Project Manager with a strong procurement and quality background. My client is the largest distribution network of gas to the UK, they manage a network of more than 80,000 miles of pipes, most of them underground. These pipes provide gas to over 10 million customers.
The role is a 5 month contract working as a Project Manager overseeing Procurement and Quality Assurance, background in utilities is desired but no compulsory. You will be overseeing the Quality Assurance team so a background in QA is also desired.
Some of your day to day tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Risk and process management
- Data Support
- Risk Support
- Management of the QA team
* Qualified to Degree level
* Procurement expertise with Mergers, Acquisition & Divestitures leadership experience (or Integration/Separation leadership experience)
* Experience with contract management
* Strong track record of senior stakeholder management and influencing; ability to influence without express authority; ability to build strong relationships.
Experience managing suppliers (including performance management)
Very strong communication and presentation skills; ability to appropriately represent the brand externally.
* Demonstrated skills in project management leadership
* Financial acumen and demonstrated analytical skills
* Deal experience (buy side or sell side)
* Line management experience