Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Reading (remote at present)
Duration: 6 months with likely extension
Rate: Up to £533 per day based on relevant experience
Contractors must be willing to engage via an approved umbrella company
The Project Manager 4 [Senior Project Manager] is the point of delivery for operationally critical projects, likely to include a portfolio of related projects, potentially of strategic importance to the client with direct business impact with firm deadlines. A vital part of the role is delivering the requirements as per the customer expectations.
The end to end delivery of the relevant projects through the use of best practice methodologies, ensuring effective control over costs and resourcing enabling the delivery of projects to budget, quality and time.
Key to the role is to identify project risks and issues, assessing and recognising criticalities and contingencies.
The Project Manager 4 [Senior Project Manager] will need to be focused on targets and requirements, with an ability to be adaptable to meet changing business environments. Reports on progress to the relevant Lead Project Manager or Programme Manager.
- Ability to provide leadership and focus for the project teams.
- Is able to articulate the environment that supports the clients Vision and Values, whilst encouraging innovation.
- Experience of having shaped business cases and delivering real benefits to an organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of having managed and delivered projects successfully from end to end.
- Experience and ability to prioritise.
- Ability to manage complex projects in a complex environment, potentially including applying remedial measures to project delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of applying and advising project governance frameworks.
- Ability to adapt project processes to optimise project delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of delivery from a goal orientated perspective.
- Ability to work in a technically or organisationally complex environment.
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- Ability to provide information in a logical and consistent manner.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity to bring stability to project delivery.
- In-depth understanding of IT products, services and systems, both within the client
- Ability to thrive in a challenging environment and develop new skills.
Functional and Technical Skills
- Ability to apply the concepts of project governance.
- Ability to negotiate timelines and other delivery metrics around projects.
- Ability to identify and manage key stakeholders.
- Application of the concepts of project risks and issues.
- Ability to develop counter-measures and contingency plans associated with significant project risk.
- Experience of project cost accounting and a good understanding of capex vs opex budgetary structures.
- Ability to choose and deploy the appropriate approaches for the projects being delivered.
- Application of relevant project change control mechanisms, including the transition process into operations and acceptance criteria.
- Clear understanding of the operational change control and service acceptance processes for the client.
- Shows a high level of planning aptitude.
Communication and Personal Attributes
* Customer focused approach.
* Articulate with effective written, interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Team leader, player and collaborator.
* Ability to delegate appropriately and effectively.
* Conflict resolution through negotiation.
* Resilient, with the ability to work well under pressure.
* Influencing skills and attention to detail.
If this is the role for you please submit your CV at your earliest convenience.