We are actively looking to secure a Programme / Project Planner to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
The Project Planner is overall responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of creation, updates, maintenance and reporting of the programme plan. You will need to be very strong in reporting and with Microsoft Projects.
You will be planning multiple projects at once, reporting to and providing stakeholder support to the project managers delivering an Emergency Services Network.
The team work in the office compulsory once a week but the role will require further visits on an ad-hoc basis to be collaborative and attend workshops.
Interview - Face to Face, competency-based interview in the office.
- Support the Project Managers with the creation and maintenance of Project plans.
- Develop reports to support project and programme reporting requirements.
- Support the Programme Managers with the maintenance and development of the Programme Plans, and Programme status reports.
- Support the Project and Programme Manager with alignment of internal and external dependencies across project and programme plans.
- Identify and review Risks and Issues as a result of any slippage to the plan.
- Identify and review Assumptions on which the project and programme Plans are based.
- Manage regular project status updates and risks & issues, dependencies and assumptions to key stakeholders internally and externally (RAID).
- Establish and maintain quality assurance processes to monitor the quality of project reporting and deliverables to drive improvements across the programme.
- Assist in the Mentoring and coaching Programme and Project Managers in the adoption of the project planning approaches and standards.
- Work closely with the programme PMO Manager to develop the required governance for planning activities.
Skills & Qualities:
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple plan versions or projects at once.
- Ability to challenge assumptions and inconsistencies in a collaborative way.
- Project Management, Prince2 or equivalent MSP (Desirable)
- Expert in use of planning tools, particularly Microsoft Project.
- Excellent Reporting skills.
- Experience as a Project Planner or Programme Planner.
- Telco or Government background (Desirable)
Interested candidates should submit their CVs in the first instance.